Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:34 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by honestlycme
I was hoping not to find this thread but it seems like missing luggage with no response or help is the norm for Etihad. Even more disappointing because many of us are only able to go home once a year and we have personal things that we bring back. It makes no sense that my luggage went missing on a direct flight from ORD to AUH. And as one person posted: "Etihad is a great airline when things are going to plan. But any contact with Etihad Guest or Etihad Customer Service is the most spirit-sapping, time-wasting and frustrating experience."

I follow the rules, and they don't even have a trace for my bag. Yet they use the local media here in AD to promote all their efficient changes.

Hello, if you have not received your baggage by now please send us your baggage reference (PIR) number in a private message and we will follow up for you to check where your baggage is. Thank you. *Marc
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:28 am

No miles for Hainan flight, no explanation from Etihad

Dear EtihadHelp,

Can you help with the following situation, involving ongoing problems with crediting miles from partner flights? I have no idea why this has proved impossible for so long...

Towards the end of April 2017 I took return flights between Manchester and Beijing on Hainan, and asked for miles to be credited at check-in. I was told it couldn't be done and I would have to claim them from Etihad.

Since then I've written on a number of occasions to Etihad Guest, and each time have had a couple of emails to say someone is looking into it; and then nothing. I did send on scanned copies of the boarding passes for the flights, and a copy of the eticket.

The last time I heard from anyone on this was 25 July (this year) after again writing to Etihad - again the email said that I should 'rest assured' as they are looking into it and will 'correspond with you shortly'.

I'm a gold card holder with Etihad. I am at a loss as to why this is happening and they cannot credit the miles nor give any kind of explanation, over a period of 16 months, and just keep giving this stock reply and then not getting back until I get in touch again the next time to ask what is going on. Perhaps you can shed some light on the problem? Crediting partner miles is surely something all airline frequent flyer programmes need to do as standard?

Thank you for your help in this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Etihad website is only showing Business Flex fares on CGK-MXP return booking request, no business Saver or even Classic fares, at any date since now to summer 2019, that is quite unusual and never seen before, as comparison CGK-FCO showing wide availability. Is there any IT issue (I would definitely be surprised due to "proven efficiency" of EY IT team ) or really, cheaper fare are not on sale? Would you mind to check?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Dear EtihadHelp

I have a couple of questions for you regarding lounges. Are you able to advise the opening hours of your Paris lounge? I see from the website that they open 3 hours before an EY flight but I know the lounge also looks after other airlines so thought the hours may be different? The reason I ask is that I have a 6 hour layover between connecting flights and would like to use the lounge if open.

Also with regards to the Abu Dhabi first lounge. I see I can pay to upgrade from the business lounge for a period of 2 hours for USD 200. My flight is 9am so does this mean I can only enter at 7 or does it mean I can have 2 hours in the lounge from entry? Ie arrive at 6 and use the lounge until 8 when I head down to the gate for early boarding?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Neil
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
EtihadHelp,

I am flying from Mumbai tomorrow morning on the 4:35 AM flight (18th August). This morning at 4:30 I checked in online and the seat map showed me the option to select the first row of seats for my second flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK at no extra cost. I selected these seats and went through the process where it again once showed me I had that seat selected. I went back into the app once to reconfirm and my seat had been changed to a window seat a few rows back. I cannot change the seats online or on the mobile app anymore and when I called the Etihad Service Center, they told me they couldn't change it either.

I am pretty sure that by the time I get to check-in, all the aisle seats would have been taken. Had I known that the seats would change, I would have assigned myself an aisle seat that wouldn'y change from the start. Anything you can do to help?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:29 am

Hi,

My partner is currently in Malaga, Spain waiting for her delayed baggage to be delivered from Madrid since Thursday 16/8. It was meant to be delivered on Saturday but she has not heard anything at all since.

The baggage contact in Madrid is not returning her calls and nobody from customer service has been able to able her. No one replies to her emails and she is devastated not knowing what has happened to her bags. In addition to this, the online tracking number she received in Madrid does not work and the phone for Madrid baggage rings out. $1000s worth of clothing are in the bag.

All she wants is for someone to contact her with an update. The bag is meant to be in Malaga since Saturday and delivered by 'National Delivery' courier.

Please can someone DM me if they can help in any way. Etihad - we are begging you to help deliver her bag. She will even pick it up herself if she has to. Please help.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
It seems clear that our EtihadHelp is taking a very long holiday, last reply on August 9th, previous on 31st July.
Not sure this is also related to IED holidays or just another cut in service, by the way EY seems showing no interest in supporting this forum anymore, In such case, wouldn't be better for EY to inform officially FT thus users will not waste their time posting requests?

Last edited by BobFF68; Aug 21, 2018 at 12:56 am Reason: word revise
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Dear Etihad useless help , stop sending me promoting deals , telling me I could enhance my journey . Utter rubbish , your new CEO must have worked as a shelf stacked at the no defunct Woolworths , totally clueless
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:56 am

My partner finally got her bag 6 days late. Etihad response - it was a holiday in Spain so no couriers were available. The bag was 20 mins away for 4 days. She tried numerous times a day to get hold of someone from the airline but kept being forwarded to Madrid baggage to which no one answered. Ruined her stay. Thanks Etihad
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Pendrive
Dear EtihadHelp,

Can you help with the following situation, involving ongoing problems with crediting miles from partner flights? I have no idea why this has proved impossible for so long...

Towards the end of April 2017 I took return flights between Manchester and Beijing on Hainan, and asked for miles to be credited at check-in. I was told it couldn't be done and I would have to claim them from Etihad.

Since then I've written on a number of occasions to Etihad Guest, and each time have had a couple of emails to say someone is looking into it; and then nothing. I did send on scanned copies of the boarding passes for the flights, and a copy of the eticket.

The last time I heard from anyone on this was 25 July (this year) after again writing to Etihad - again the email said that I should 'rest assured' as they are looking into it and will 'correspond with you shortly'.

I'm a gold card holder with Etihad. I am at a loss as to why this is happening and they cannot credit the miles nor give any kind of explanation, over a period of 16 months, and just keep giving this stock reply and then not getting back until I get in touch again the next time to ask what is going on. Perhaps you can shed some light on the problem? Crediting partner miles is surely something all airline frequent flyer programmes need to do as standard?

Thank you for your help in this.
Hi there, sorry to hear that you've been kept waiting for the partner claim, as it requires approval from external counterpart. Please send us a private message with your Guest number and we will follow up for you. Thanks. *Ari
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
Etihad website is only showing Business Flex fares on CGK-MXP return booking request, no business Saver or even Classic fares, at any date since now to summer 2019, that is quite unusual and never seen before, as comparison CGK-FCO showing wide availability. Is there any IT issue (I would definitely be surprised due to "proven efficiency" of EY IT team ) or really, cheaper fare are not on sale? Would you mind to check?
Hi there, maybe our fare of AUH-MXP is not available in Business Saver or Classic. While CGK-FCO are showing wide availability, the flight CGK-MXP might not be available, as we quote the fare as a whole component. This means if a fare choice is available on both of the segments, then you will be able to see it. Thanks. *Ari
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Lukegr
My partner finally got her bag 6 days late. Etihad response - it was a holiday in Spain so no couriers were available. The bag was 20 mins away for 4 days. She tried numerous times a day to get hold of someone from the airline but kept being forwarded to Madrid baggage to which no one answered. Ruined her stay. Thanks Etihad
Sorry to read about this, Luke. We were in contact with your partner and we have replied to your pm. Thanks. *Ari
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Dear EtihadHelp

I have a couple of questions for you regarding lounges. Are you able to advise the opening hours of your Paris lounge? I see from the website that they open 3 hours before an EY flight but I know the lounge also looks after other airlines so thought the hours may be different? The reason I ask is that I have a 6 hour layover between connecting flights and would like to use the lounge if open.

Also with regards to the Abu Dhabi first lounge. I see I can pay to upgrade from the business lounge for a period of 2 hours for USD 200. My flight is 9am so does this mean I can only enter at 7 or does it mean I can have 2 hours in the lounge from entry? Ie arrive at 6 and use the lounge until 8 when I head down to the gate for early boarding?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Neil
Hello Neil, sorry we did not get back to you earlier. Please send us a private message with your booking reference to our inbox or approach us on any of our social media channels. I will check with our lounge team for you, thanks. *Ari
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ss1710
EtihadHelp,

I am flying from Mumbai tomorrow morning on the 4:35 AM flight (18th August). This morning at 4:30 I checked in online and the seat map showed me the option to select the first row of seats for my second flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK at no extra cost. I selected these seats and went through the process where it again once showed me I had that seat selected. I went back into the app once to reconfirm and my seat had been changed to a window seat a few rows back. I cannot change the seats online or on the mobile app anymore and when I called the Etihad Service Center, they told me they couldn't change it either.

I am pretty sure that by the time I get to check-in, all the aisle seats would have been taken. Had I known that the seats would change, I would have assigned myself an aisle seat that wouldn'y change from the start. Anything you can do to help?
Hi there, sorry we missed your message. Please send us a pm if you need any further assistance or if you have any other enquiries, thank you. *Ari
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Dear EtihadHelp,
I would like to share my experience in recent Etihad fly.
In August 30 I flew from Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles on business class. It was almost 16 hours flight.
After the plane take off a flight attendant offered a meal which I ate. Because the long flight I expected to get another meal, but I didn’t. Just one hour before landing the flight attendant offered only something to drink but not meal. And business class area also didn’t have any snack or fruits during the flight.
Does Etihad provide only one meal in business class during this long flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.