Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:01 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I have a slightly different issue, which is that it reports "Sorry ! Guest number already registerd." when I enter mine. Ignoring the spelling mistake, I've not registered for this before, so I hope it still registers my account as I've booked flights.
I had the same problem. Then I received an e-mail from Etihad saying I was registered, but there was no confirmation number for the registration (as I have received in the past for similar promotions.) So am I registered?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:30 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Can we expect an update on this matter?
Sure! We'll get a reply as quickly as possible and will let you know on here. *JP
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I had the same problem. Then I received an e-mail from Etihad saying I was registered, but there was no confirmation number for the registration (as I have received in the past for similar promotions.) So am I registered?
Hi! We're currently still looking into this and will get back to you both on this thread as soon as we've got an answer. *JP
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:41 am

Hi mlqsko,

We need to check your ticket number and your Etihad Guest account to be able to advise you about the retro claims. Kindly send the details via a private message to look into this for you. *ES

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Sure! We'll get a reply as quickly as possible and will let you know on here. *JP
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:31 am

Dream and nightmare

Originally Posted by Prince77
Gold Guest 100024407895

subj. triple miles, miles value before changes of FFP took effect

Dear Etihad Help,

actually I booked 13 flights until next year before 8th of July in order to avoid suffering too much. My concerns about the triple / quadruple Promotion materialized as I just took a flight after 8th of July which, however, was booked before 8th of July. Now I received triple miles but at the new, reduced miles value.

I wonder how the guys who do the miles credit do know WHEN I booked my flight so to decide whether to apply the old- or new miles value structure.

Now I chase for correct mileage which is quite annoying.

Could you kindly look into this matter and advise.

Many thanks in advance.
Dear Etihad Guest,

furnished you with requested information already, however, have not heard anything since then.

In addition to my previous miles claim I have just finished another flight yesterday which was a dream when it comes to service and professionalism on board. I will exclude critics on AUH airport but as expected this good experience turns to a nightmare when it comes to your triple miles promotion.

As stated previously here, to Etihad Gold Guest and socialmedia: I booked ALL my flights until next year March during triple / quadruple miles promotion AND I booked and paid those all BEFORE 8th of July when the changes of your FFP took effect.

Now I received for the latest flight just 0,25 miles value AND without triple promotion factor.

I am very concerned that this will continue to happen for all flights coming.

Could you please advise how the guys who credit the flights can decide whether the flight was booked during promotion AND before 8th of July (Black Wednesday, the day of miles devaluation)?

If they can't (and I presume the can't see when the booking was done and paid) they will never be able to credit the correct mile values.

Could you kindly look into that matter.

Many thanks and best regards
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:31 pm

Dear Etihad Guest,

furnished you with requested information already, however, have not heard anything since then.

In addition to my previous miles claim I have just finished another flight yesterday which was a dream when it comes to service and professionalism on board. I will exclude critics on AUH airport but as expected this good experience turns to a nightmare when it comes to your triple miles promotion.

As stated previously here, to Etihad Gold Guest and socialmedia: I booked ALL my flights until next year March during triple / quadruple miles promotion AND I booked and paid those all BEFORE 8th of July when the changes of your FFP took effect.

Now I received for the latest flight just 0,25 miles value AND without triple promotion factor.

I am very concerned that this will continue to happen for all flights coming.

Could you please advise how the guys who credit the flights can decide whether the flight was booked during promotion AND before 8th of July (Black Wednesday, the day of miles devaluation)?

If they can't (and I presume the can't see when the booking was done and paid) they will never be able to credit the correct mile values.

Could you kindly look into that matter.

Many thanks and best regards
Hi there, we are forwarding your query to our team and will get back to you soon with an update on your claim and specifically on the Triple miles offer. Thanks *FT
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
This is very frustrating for all of us. Etihad isn't answering any of our concerns lately and nobody has been credited what was promised by the promotion.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by a310pilot
This is very frustrating for all of us. Etihad isn't answering any of our concerns lately and nobody has been credited what was promised by the promotion.
I gave up waiting for Etihad answer and i bought J BKK-LAX with another Airline.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:43 am

Dear a310pilot,

We are really sorry for the late response. We have sent another reminder to our team for the updates. We will get you a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Etihad its not just me... Please help us all.

We are loyal Etihad customers but the loyalty will run dry if this is how we get help for issues.

I personally have paid more many occasions to fly Etihad only. Right now many airlines have tickets for my trip available for $2900 to $3500. Again I paid $4200 for my up coming trip on Sept 15./all for my loyalty to EY.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:27 pm

Etihad its not just me... Please help us all.

We are loyal Etihad customers but the loyalty will run dry if this is how we get help for issues.

I personally have paid more many occasions to fly Etihad only. Right now many airlines have tickets for my trip available for $2900 to $3500. Again I paid $4200 for my up coming trip on Sept 15./all for my loyalty to EY.
Hi there, we understand your disappointment and nevertheless we thank you for your support. We are chasing this up for you and will get back with an update shortly *FT
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:03 am

to gaze into space

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, we are forwarding your query to our team and will get back to you soon with an update on your claim and specifically on the Triple miles offer. Thanks *FT
Thanks Etihad Help,

received an answer from Premium Member Services. However, the answer was neither related to my query nor to any other reference I gave like flight dates, booking references or Airline code or ID code for triple promotion.

I have now 4 flights which need adjustment of miles.

Do you know that feeling, when you gaze into space and think by yourself: did I not explain correctly or forgot something or do anything else wrong?

Not my Intention to insult anybody but it would be a big advantage, if the guys who credit the miles will actually read the mail inquiries before they hit a button for a semi automated standard reply.

To recap:

There was a triple / quadruple promotion from EY in May if I am not mistaken. You had to register to enjoy that promotion which was done€€. Then I booked about 14 flights until March next year just to learn sometime later about the heavy weighted negative changes of the FFP coming into effect on / after 8th of July.

Anyhow, it was confirmed by EY that ALL FLIGHTS BOOKED BEFORE 8TH OF JULY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE NEW RULES!

So two questions: 1. how can the people who credit the miles know WHEN I booked my flights and 2. when can the missing miles be adjusted?

Many thanks
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:59 am

Thanks Etihad Help,

received an answer from Premium Member Services. However, the answer was neither related to my query nor to any other reference I gave like flight dates, booking references or Airline code or ID code for triple promotion.

I have now 4 flights which need adjustment of miles.

Do you know that feeling, when you gaze into space and think by yourself: did I not explain correctly or forgot something or do anything else wrong?

Not my Intention to insult anybody but it would be a big advantage, if the guys who credit the miles will actually read the mail inquiries before they hit a button for a semi automated standard reply.

To recap:

There was a triple / quadruple promotion from EY in May if I am not mistaken. You had to register to enjoy that promotion which was done€€. Then I booked about 14 flights until March next year just to learn sometime later about the heavy weighted negative changes of the FFP coming into effect on / after 8th of July.

Anyhow, it was confirmed by EY that ALL FLIGHTS BOOKED BEFORE 8TH OF JULY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE NEW RULES!

So two questions: 1. how can the people who credit the miles know WHEN I booked my flights and 2. when can the missing miles be adjusted?

Many thanks
Dear Prince77,

Sorry for the late response.

Please be advised that your feedback has been forwarded to our Etihad Guest team. We will review this claim again and update you once we received updates from them.

Sorry for keep you waiting and we will do our best to assist you.

Thank you. *JS
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Baggage Allowance

Hi Etihadhelp,
Please can you clarify the the following luggage policy for bookings after September 14th.

I currently have silver status.

I intend to book an economy Saver Fare after the 14th September. I understand that I will be allowed 1 checked suitcase of 23KG under the to/from all destinations rules. But, as I am silver, so I will get an additional suitcase at 23KG.

What if I only want to take 1 suitcase which weighs 32KG? Am I limited to 23KG in any single suitcase? Or can I combine the allowances?

Regards
Paul
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Hi Etihadhelp,
Please can you clarify the the following luggage policy for bookings after September 14th.

I currently have silver status.

I intend to book an economy Saver Fare after the 14th September. I understand that I will be allowed 1 checked suitcase of 23KG under the to/from all destinations rules. But, as I am silver, so I will get an additional suitcase at 23KG.

What if I only want to take 1 suitcase which weighs 32KG? Am I limited to 23KG in any single suitcase? Or can I combine the allowances?

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,

Thanks for writing to us on here.

As your luggage will be calculated by the piece concept, you will not be able to bring only one piece of 32kg, but your each bag is required to be max 23kg. So, as you rightly state, you could bring 2x23kg, but not 1x32kg.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks!

*JP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.