Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

URGENT help - incorrect redemption booking - need to reclaim miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT help - incorrect redemption booking - need to reclaim miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Tracy100
Yes, I did purchase Amex reward points and that is the way we resolved the issue. However when Mazim called me he did not know at first that I had purchased these and he seemed confident that he would resolve it for me. I was quite abrupt at first having already gone through the issue with the Callcentre twice to no avail but it quickly became apparent that he was determined to resolve this for me.

Good luck.
It would be great to hear more of these stories of how the Etihad rep on FT has helped people.

I cringe at all of the nasty things that have been said about EtihadHelp, whether deserved or not. Even if just an autobot or not helpful, I am glad to have some ear of Etihad represented here rather than nothing.

Hopefully we hear more about how EtihadHelp has come through with actual help.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by whimike
It would be great to hear more of these stories of how the Etihad rep on FT has helped people.
From post #11 it seems the call centre provided the solution, EtihadHelp only provided a referral.

It would be of much more benefit if EtihadHelp had the ability to fix problems, as their current mo doesn't add much value.

Originally Posted by whimike
I am glad to have some ear of Etihad represented here rather than nothing.
I would have 100% agreed with this a few months ago. Less so now.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Just a quick update. Despite numerous emails I have heard nothing back from etihad regarding my refund. It has been over a week now.

Today I just cut my losses and after calling the call centre, they advised me they could no nothing as I would have to wait to hear back from the feedback team. I told them i had been waiting for over a week but was simply told I have to wait longer and there is no time period for a response.

I eventually just decided to cancel my ticket and asked for a refund. There was a 2k miles per person penalty (4k in total for both of us). They could not waiver the charge as only the feedback team have authorisation to do that.

To top it all off I was told it can take up to 21 days for a refund of my miles. Based on my current experience I am truly finished with etihad.

Time to take my business to Emirates/BA.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by Flyermo
Just a quick update. Despite numerous emails I have heard nothing back from etihad regarding my refund. It has been over a week now.

Today I just cut my losses and after calling the call centre, they advised me they could no nothing as I would have to wait to hear back from the feedback team. I told them i had been waiting for over a week but was simply told I have to wait longer and there is no time period for a response.

I eventually just decided to cancel my ticket and asked for a refund. There was a 2k miles per person penalty (4k in total for both of us). They could not waiver the charge as only the feedback team have authorisation to do that.

To top it all off I was told it can take up to 21 days for a refund of my miles. Based on my current experience I am truly finished with etihad.

Time to take my business to Emirates/BA.
Hmm.

Why did u cancel? You cancel now you are also stuck with these EY miles.

You could have cancelled after 8 July too and it would not make a difference.

I would just redeem with another airline for the one-way home or even buy new one-way.

Anyway .... Too late
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQueeze
Hmm.

Why did u cancel? You cancel now you are also stuck with these EY miles.

You could have cancelled after 8 July too and it would not make a difference.

I would just redeem with another airline for the one-way home or even buy new one-way.

Anyway .... Too late
Without my refund I have 50k miles in my account which I can't really use (enough for one person I know but I never travel alone).

Hopefully if I somehow get the refund before 8th July I can reuse my refunded miles (110k - 4k penalty charge) plus the 50k I have remaining to book 2 business class tickets return from LHR to AUH.

I just hope I get the miles back ASAP and that there is still availability on my chosen dates!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:38 am

How much does it cost to buy Amex MRs these days? Is it 10k a year, or 15k as posted further up?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by Flyermo
Without my refund I have 50k miles in my account which I can't really use (enough for one person I know but I never travel alone).

Hopefully if I somehow get the refund before 8th July I can reuse my refunded miles (110k - 4k penalty charge) plus the 50k I have remaining to book 2 business class tickets return from LHR to AUH.

I just hope I get the miles back ASAP and that there is still availability on my chosen dates!
50K miles would have been useful too for intra Europe may be? Or with their partners in Europe?

I feel that it will be even bigger loss to have a devalued 110K after 8 July.

In any case, the best you can do now is to keep pestering them for expedition of refund. Let them know you need it urgently because you want to redeem another tickets.

SQ miles will also take 2 weeks to refund, but if explained, they would do exception and instantaneous transfer from old booking to new booking. It's instantaneous, immediate issuance, no waiting period. But that's SQ. They bend backwards to customers on goodwill basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.