Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Etihad guest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
This is so far the best, most concise post on how to improve customer relations around here. Well put, erik123.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Agree, excellent post.

Perhaps EY would consider investing in some consulting work from someone who actually has experience in operating "premium" access channels for status members. I can think of quite a few experiences as a top-tier BA/One World member - ranging from handling disrupted flights, accommodating an unusual reward miles redemption, and a bereavement- where it was quite clear that the staff handling the issue had the experience and the support behind them to respond quickly and sensitively.

None of my experiences with EY suggest that they can cope with the workload promptly let alone offer a premium CS experience.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
This is so far the best, most concise post on how to improve customer relations around here. Well put, erik123.
I can see the reply already...

We are sorry to hear of your concerns, erik123. The comfort and safety of our guests lies at the heart of everything we do. Please send more details and your Etihad Guest number by DM or to [email protected] and we will look into your query.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:22 am

Thumbs up

Exactly
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by erik123
My strong suggestion for Etihad CSRs:

- Do not respond in these threads requesting the OP to contact Etihad. This is clutter, irritates other readers, can be done by PM, and adds nothing substantive to the thread. I suggest the moderator also enforce this.

- Responses by Etihad should contain useful information. E.g. the flight is operated by a xx; the lounge will open in xx, as a F passenger you can avail of xx; we provide pyjamas in F when xx, etc. This type of information benefits all FTers

- There should be one dedicated CS Rep representing Etihad and responding on FT. Having several is confusing and creates additional clutter.

- Etihad must be using a CSR system that uses tickets (as nearly all companies do). When a request for help comes in (e.g. where are my miles?) the ticket should be assigned to 1 CSR - not passed around. E.g. many have received email from multiple CSRs on a single request submitted.

- Etihad might wish to give customers (especially premium) the benefit of the doubt. E.g. If a customer requests missing miles and Etihad can't resolve the issue within a set time-frame, if I were Etihad I would post the miles as a courtesy and close the case (ticket). This would come at very little cost to Etihad. You are losing customers over minor issues.

I very much enjoy Etihad in the air but these issues do not generate long term brand loyalty.

I am sure others have other constructive suggestions.
It is perfectly valid for them to respond asking someone to contact them (but why on earth would this be necessary if the other feedback channels were fit for purpose).

However as I said above and you say it is a great shame that all too often there is not answer from the team when it is relevant.

the acid test of Customer service is how an organisation responds when things (as they will) go wrong and unfortunately ...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by erik123
My strong suggestion for Etihad CSRs:....
Amen! ^
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:09 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi LostAntipod

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We certainly want all our guest experiences to be a great one and happy to assist where this may be falling down.
We currently have a premium twitter account for all premium guests, this is operated over a 24/7 basis to make our guest journey smoother.

As our guests, your feedback is valuable to us and welcome you to tell us more. To do so send us an inbox message and we will be happy to help *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Originally Posted by irish mark
Hi Etihadhelp/JS

I was glad to hear you were working on the feedback we all gave you, any update?

thanks

Mark

???
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:47 am

Hi irish mark,

The SATS Lounge will be used in T2 for First and Business Class guests.

Guest will have a partition area where the lounge staff will direct the First Class guests accordingly. We hope this helps *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi irish mark,

The SATS Lounge will be used in T2 for First and Business Class guests.

Guest will have a partition area where the lounge staff will direct the First Class guests accordingly. We hope this helps *GW
Hi Etihad Help/GW

emm I think you were answering a query from ages ago and not the query below . Please read the comments you made below in green almost a week ago...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp View Post

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

We are working on this, and we have surely passed it on. Please allow us some time, we understand these changes may have caused some disappointments for you, as a loyal Etihad Guest member. We deeply apologize for this experience.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Originally Posted by irish mark
???
While I absolutely sympathize with your plight, I really dont understand what you're actually expecting here?

There isn't going to be some earth shattering response (or even acknowledgment) to our collective negative feedback, its all just exactly what would have been anticipated - "We're sorry for your disappointment".

You can't make massive, wholesale cuts to the value of your loyalty program without realizing its going to outrage many of its core members. EY, (just like every other carrier to have gutted their FFP before them) will have done their sums, and come to the conclusion that the on-paper reduction in value of it's FFP is of greater good to their books, than the loyalty and patronage of a few hundred mileage runners, reward chart junkies and discounted Biz ticket buyers. The wealthy will still book paid F to fly the Apartments, and Y will still be filled with people just booking the cheapest ticket.

Quite frankly, it sucks. I'm disappointed too, but the decisions have already been made, we can scream bloody murder all we want on here, but its not going to be of any interest or consequence to anybody at EY.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Matthew_22
While I absolutely sympathize with your plight, I really dont understand what you're actually expecting here?

There isn't going to be some earth shattering response (or even acknowledgment) to our collective negative feedback, its all just exactly what would have been anticipated - "We're sorry for your disappointment".

You can't make massive, wholesale cuts to the value of your loyalty program without realizing its going to outrage many of its core members. EY, (just like every other carrier to have gutted their FFP before them) will have done their sums, and come to the conclusion that the on-paper reduction in value of it's FFP is of greater good to their books, than the loyalty and patronage of a few hundred mileage runners, reward chart junkies and discounted Biz ticket buyers. The wealthy will still book paid F to fly the Apartments, and Y will still be filled with people just booking the cheapest ticket.

Quite frankly, it sucks. I'm disappointed too, but the decisions have already been made, we can scream bloody murder all we want on here, but its not going to be of any interest or consequence to anybody at EY.
Agreed!

Devaluations happen all the time. Avios being the most recent one. AA is likely the most lucrative at this stage, but might not be for long. They just included 4 days of differential (read: increased) mileage redemption rates on major holiday dates.

All those complaining with the bate and switch w.r.t the recent triple/quad mileage bonus, get real they still are worth more despite taking in to account recent the devaluation (albeit not 3 or 4 times). Additionally the last 25% of miles are always purchasable for cheap at EY whilst redeeming for tickets!

What I see is an airline with an excellent soft and hard product, an improving customer care (with recent experiences with miles including partner miles posting getting easier and quicker). With an improved ground experience once the new terminal is operational in a couple of years (end 2017), EY would likely be unbeatable! (hoping they don't scale to EY's levels/capacity).

What's important to me is a consistent hard product in J/F along with lounges (EY's own ones being right up there!).
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:32 pm

We have actually also just replied on another thread about this, but to be sure everyone reads this:

We really do value your feedback, and have brought it forward to the team who is in the position to make use of your comments and messages.

However, unfortunately, it won't be possible to make any immediate changes to our plans based on the feedback given. Please, don't misunderstand this as carelessness. Our team has taken note and will take this into account for future updates on our Guest program.

Thank you all for your lively engagement in this forum. We read it all (we try our best ) and hope to be able to help you with your questions in the future. Whenever you have feedback for us, please share.

*JP
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by Matthew_22

Totally agree. The rich only cares for the quality of the product, and will still pay. The poor will still fly if the price is still right. Most people I know out of flyer talk are aware of miles but the general sentiment is that "we don't know how to use it, and when we want to use it, there is no availability on the dates that we want so it's pretty much useless". It's hardly ever anybody's reason to fly with certain carriers because most feel points are not practical.

Originally Posted by KC01

What I see is an airline with an excellent soft and hard product, an improving customer care (with recent experiences with miles including partner miles posting getting easier and quicker). With an improved ground experience once the new terminal is operational in a couple of years (end 2017), EY would likely be unbeatable! (hoping they don't scale to EY's levels/capacity).

What's important to me is a consistent hard product in J/F along with lounges (EY's own ones being right up there!).
Totally agree about EY. Very stellar soft and hard product.

But still hard for me to see myself redeeming points on EY for more than double what I would have paid for an SQ Suite (which is also excellent and has plenty of availability).

EY already has the harshest burn rate I know out there, and will only get worse.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi LostAntipod

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We certainly want all our guest experiences to be a great one and happy to assist where this may be falling down.
We currently have a premium twitter account for all premium guests, this is operated over a 24/7 basis to make our guest journey smoother.

As our guests, your feedback is valuable to us and welcome you to tell us more. To do so send us an inbox message and we will be happy to help *GW
Hi *GW
Thanks for your reply.

I have signed up to the Twitter channel, but I am not so sure that a Twitter channel is going to solve some of the deep-rooted issues in EYs back office. If I call a customer service line for "premium" members, the experience should not be like the following (and it was ) -
- despite needing to fly on specific dates and being able to pay whatever it cost to move an existing ticket to do so (which should make rebooking a very simple process that is subject only to seat availability) this should not require a 25 minute phone call. It just shouldnt.

- sitting and waiting for your systems to respond, and to take payment, chewed up a significant amount of this time.
- I should not need to read out my credit card number five times until the agent gets it right
- I should not have to say my home town three times until the agent gets it right -and as a status member, you have my address already!
- I should not be told that the reason my ticket change fee was so expensive was because I am now on a full business class ticket....and then when I ask about a limousine pickup I am told I am not eligible. That's simply impossible if I am on a full business class ticket.
- if the call centre agent tells me that he has reserved my preference of window seats for both sectors of my flight, I should not be finding out days later during online checkin that there are no seats reserved for me at all.

And as this is the call centre experience that EY offers a premium customer, perhaps you can see why I think EY needs to invest in having someone with proven experience give this area of customer service some polish. I have other examples but I think I have made my point and perhaps you can pass this feedback onwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.