FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Etihad guest
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:53 pm
Matthew_22

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Originally Posted by irish mark
???
While I absolutely sympathize with your plight, I really dont understand what you're actually expecting here?

There isn't going to be some earth shattering response (or even acknowledgment) to our collective negative feedback, its all just exactly what would have been anticipated - "We're sorry for your disappointment".

You can't make massive, wholesale cuts to the value of your loyalty program without realizing its going to outrage many of its core members. EY, (just like every other carrier to have gutted their FFP before them) will have done their sums, and come to the conclusion that the on-paper reduction in value of it's FFP is of greater good to their books, than the loyalty and patronage of a few hundred mileage runners, reward chart junkies and discounted Biz ticket buyers. The wealthy will still book paid F to fly the Apartments, and Y will still be filled with people just booking the cheapest ticket.

Quite frankly, it sucks. I'm disappointed too, but the decisions have already been made, we can scream bloody murder all we want on here, but its not going to be of any interest or consequence to anybody at EY.