FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Book awards on EY partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1681303-book-awards-ey-partner-airlines.html)

goldencondor Jan 13, 2016 7:03 am

Just reading back through this thread and people are posting about having difficulty booking award seats on partner airlines. Did Etihad ever fix their system to resolve this?

Mauibaby2008 Jan 13, 2016 8:52 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 26011068)
Just reading back through this thread and people are posting about having difficulty booking award seats on partner airlines. Did Etihad ever fix their system to resolve this?

It's not the system it's the incompetence :-)

goldencondor Jan 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 26011642)
It's not the system it's the incompetence :-)

I'll take that as a 'no'.

Has anyone had success in booking the partner airline seats they wanted via Etihad?

mlqsko Jan 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 26014045)
Has anyone had success in booking the partner airline seats they wanted via Etihad?

Yes.

goldencondor Jan 14, 2016 4:22 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko (Post 26015499)
Yes.

I gather from HeadForPoints.com that you can buy Garuda Indonesia's business class leg from Amsterdam to Gatwick for 7000 points. Tempting. I know it's a short flight, but if you get access to the lounges at AMS, sounds like a good deal.... IF Etihad can book the seats.

mlqsko Jan 14, 2016 4:25 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 26016404)
I gather from HeadForPoints.com that you can buy Garuda Indonesia's business class leg from Amsterdam to Gatwick for 7000 points. Tempting. I know it's a short flight, but if you get access to the lounges at AMS, sounds like a good deal.... IF Etihad can book the seats.

Personally, I haven't tried GA, but I have other successful partner bookings.

Mauibaby2008 Jan 14, 2016 5:41 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 26016404)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlqsko

Yes.

It is not impossible, just extremely difficult. Best bet, try to speak to a UK call center agent, be persistent, you may have to call back many many times.

I was recently able to book two round trip tickets USA to Japan on ANA. The best agent actually whom I worked with his name is Simon from Manchester UK and he has worked there for many many years (he says). Try to get him !

goldencondor Jan 14, 2016 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 26016624)
It is not impossible, just extremely difficult. Best bet, try to speak to a UK call center agent, be persistent, you may have to call back many many times.

I was recently able to book two round trip tickets USA to Japan on ANA. The best agent actually whom I worked with his name is Simon from Manchester UK and he has worked there for many many years (he says). Try to get him !

Thank you, I will bear it in mind. Does that mean you take pot luck with the contact centre you get through to - it might not be in the UK? (which I am)

Mauibaby2008 Jan 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor (Post 26016983)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Thank you, I will bear it in mind. Does that mean you take pot luck with the contact centre you get through to - it might not be in the UK? (which I am)

I would suggest if you don't get a agent with a thick UK accent, I would hang up and call back immediately lol seriously !

goldencondor Jan 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 26020315)
I would suggest if you don't get a agent with a thick UK accent, I would hang up and call back immediately lol seriously !

he he :)

Hopefully all their call centres for UK customers are in the UK.

rankourabu Jan 15, 2016 5:11 pm

It took 2 calls - but was finally able to book TBU-AKL oneway for 6900 points on VA.
VA wanted 10900 for the same flight.

edy4eva Jan 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 26025562)
It took 2 calls - but was finally able to book TBU-AKL oneway for 6900 points on VA.

What was the excuse on the first call? no seats available? VA Asia is not a partner? a codeshare flight?

rankourabu Jan 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 26025959)
What was the excuse on the first call? no seats available? VA Asia is not a partner? a codeshare flight?

Cannot price the taxes :p
Someone will call you back

The 2nd guy couldnt find TBU in the table (I think its the same table we see online) because its not listed as Tonga but as Nuku'Alofa. But with a bit of guidance, it went smooth from there.

mlqsko Jan 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 26026039)
Cannot price the taxes :p
Someone will call you back

The 2nd guy couldnt find TBU in the table (I think its the same table we see online) because its not listed as Tonga but as Nuku'Alofa. But with a bit of guidance, it went smooth from there.

Same here. Sunshine Coast MCY in Australia is named Maroochydore in their table. But VA are pretty easy to book with EY and quite good value.

goldencondor Jan 16, 2016 2:57 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 26025562)

That's a pretty big difference. Were the taxes the same?