FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Book awards on EY partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1681303-book-awards-ey-partner-airlines.html)

mlqsko Nov 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Taxes were $11.30 for two :D And this is a 100+ eur ticket per person. Not bad.

niltula Nov 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Deleted Post. I moved it to Aadvantage

SuiteFlight Nov 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko (Post 25740501)
Just booked Bangkok Airways BKK-HKT return. No issues whatsoever, 10k per person in economy and $11.30 in taxes total for TWO. Booking with the UK agent was smooth as silk.

I find it's just luck of the draw, a few agents are all over partner redemptions, others simply lack any substantive training here (so it's not really their fault) and just try to have a crack using inadequate cue cards. Best thing to do is - if you encounter a crack whip on partner redemptions - ask if you can contact them directly in future for assistance.

carsnoceans Nov 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Are partner redemptions pretty good on EY charts?

mlqsko Nov 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by SuiteFlight (Post 25743129)
I find it's just luck of the draw, a few agents are all over partner redemptions, others simply lack any substantive training here (so it's not really their fault) and just try to have a crack using inadequate cue cards. Best thing to do is - if you encounter a crack whip on partner redemptions - ask if you can contact them directly in future for assistance.

I have booked three different EY partners and over half a dozen flights, I don't find the above to be true.

Yes, they do have issues with a few partners, but not all of them.

SuiteFlight Nov 20, 2015 1:25 am

Earlier posts in this thread and this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...s-230-a-6.html disagree with you. Let's stop there :)

TGflyergirl Dec 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by TEX277 (Post 25235729)
The table below indicates the miles required for a one way redemption ticket based on the distance traveled. Virgin Australia Long Haul awards are offered in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class while Virgin Australia Domestic and International Short Haul are offered in Economy Class only."

Just an update to this:

That line excluding J redemptions on VA domestically is gone from the EY site, and yes, I managed to get one - so a good improvement I'd say! :D Pleased as punch as it's on a transcon 332 new J product.

FWIW - it books into Z, and inventory mirrors what you see on VA's own site.

edy4eva Dec 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 25864833)
Just an update to this:

That line excluding J redemptions on VA domestically is gone from the EY site, and yes, I managed to get one - so a good improvement I'd say! :D Pleased as punch as it's on a transcon 332 new J product.

FWIW - it books into Z, and inventory mirrors what you see on VA's own site.

Thanks on the update. The 14 day rule still sucks.

CalFlyer Dec 18, 2015 4:11 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 25865100)
Thanks on the update. The 14 day rule still sucks.

Yes, the 14 day rule and the other restrictions (non-refundable, non-anything ...) are completely outdated.

It is time Etihad live up to its "airline of the year" humbug.

jordask Dec 23, 2015 7:37 am

Asiana redemption

I am trying to redeem OZ return flight for SIN-ICN-JFK.
How many Etihad miles are required for economy and business class redemption?

dtokuda Dec 23, 2015 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jordask (Post 25906864)
I am trying to redeem OZ return flight for SIN-ICN-JFK.
How many Etihad miles are required for economy and business class redemption?

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...iana-airlines/

jordask Dec 23, 2015 8:32 am

Originally Posted by dtokuda (Post 25907061)

Thanks for the link !

turin39789 Dec 24, 2015 7:24 am

Posted in error

mlqsko Jan 7, 2016 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ritesa (Post 25065327)
Just booked an award on Virgin Australia, BNE-VLI, 13800 miles r/t + ~110€ taxes, via the German call centre.

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 25084554)
Well, well... A confirmed unicorn sighting...

I saw unicorns tonight after a few HUCAs.

Just booked Australia to Fiji for 21.8k/pp RT in economy and hell a lot of taxes (about 150aud and 350aud on the return for two) :mad:

If you get the right agent, no issues whatsoever - did two bookings with two separate agents. First couple of agents claimed they are not partners with VA Asia or no space is available. Then I got one who knew what he was doing.

Space matches the award space on VA Velocity program, if you see SAVER space there, a competent EY agent will see it too (X class).

edy4eva Jan 7, 2016 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko (Post 25979923)
not partners with VA Asia

Got the same reply from an agent a while ago, perhaps the same agent that no one bothers to train? :D