Search

AUH/JFK A380 Announced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Show me the points!
AUH/JFK A380 Announced

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...294976431.html

I wish they'd test it in Sept when I fly that route .
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:12 am

Have they blocked award availability in all classes for that flight (in both directions), or is it just me? Know when they might release some?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Lucky has some more detail regarding award space:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...cember-1-2015/
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:36 am

Thanks for this. Given that Expert Flyer can't do EY award notifications, is there any service which gives EY award alerts?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
So, it seems like the day time JFK-AUH flight which is currently 9W metal will be swapped with the night flight which is EY metal on August 1. If the A380 will become the new day time flight, which means that the 9W metal flight, EY100, will still be around, so JFK will not be an all-EY metal destination.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
Given that Expert Flyer can't do EY award notifications, is there any service which gives EY award alerts?
So aside from manually checking on their website, are there any other good options to find availability? I'm looking to book something in December / January, so any assistance offered will be appreciated!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Juggy007
So aside from manually checking on their website, are there any other good options to find availability? I'm looking to book something in December / January, so any assistance offered will be appreciated!
I just sent you a PM.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Juggy007
Go with January - these things get delayed.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I would like to know also is there is any way to get a notification when they release some First Class seats.

I had a courtesy reservation with AA (using miles), my itinerary was HKT-AUH(stopover)AUH-JFK-MIA, AUH-JFK was on EY103 in First Class (January 2015), when I tried to pay AA for my seats (3/6), I was unable to do it, Etihad decided not to honor my reservation, it went from confirmed to unconfirmed (on EY103). AA couldn't do anything because they can't force their partners to accept/honor my reservation. This is the first time I had a problem with a reservation with one of their partners.

AA couldn't sell me the whole itinerary if one leg was "unconfirmed", I have no choice that cancel that trip. Now I'm looking on different airlines how to get from HKT to USA in J (trough the Pacific), JAL and CX are not available anymore, at least on the dates I'm looking for.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:49 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fedechat
I would like to know also is there is any way to get a notification when they release some First Class seats.

I had a courtesy reservation with AA (using miles), my itinerary was HKT-AUH(stopover)AUH-JFK-MIA, AUH-JFK was on EY103 in First Class (January 2015), when I tried to pay AA for my seats (3/6), I was unable to do it, Etihad decided not to honor my reservation, it went from confirmed to unconfirmed (on EY103). AA couldn't do anything because they can't force their partners to accept/honor my reservation. This is the first time I had a problem with a reservation with one of their partners.

AA couldn't sell me the whole itinerary if one leg was "unconfirmed", I have no choice that cancel that trip. Now I'm looking on different airlines how to get from HKT to USA in J (trough the Pacific), JAL and CX are not available anymore, at least on the dates I'm looking for.
You mean your hold expired? The seats may get re-released into inventory after a while or they may not. AA is useless when it comes to this, however you should have ticketed it before the protection expired.

Frankly I would pick different dates then change them back if available.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You mean your hold expired? The seats may get re-released into inventory after a while or they may not. AA is useless when it comes to this, however you should have ticketed it before the protection expired.

Frankly I would pick different dates then change them back if available.
My reservation did not expire, when I tried to access to my reservation on aa.com, I got an error. I called AA and after they put me on hold for 30 minutes, they told me that one leg was not available, they tried to request the same class of service, but the system couldn't not confirm., I tried with different AA agents, they even contact the next level of CS, but there is nothing they could do. They confirmed that I can request a seat, have it on hold, but there is no guarantee until the res. is ticketed, this can only happen with Partners, and is beyond their control.

When I made my reservation, I was hopping to get on the new A380, but after the announcement, they blocked all their lower level award F seats, and wherever was not ticketed, they just canceled their reservation or lowered to J seats. I can get on a different date but is a 777, I'm doing Asia2 to ME, then USA just to try their A380 F Apt., AUH-LHR is sold out too.

Last edited by fedechat; Mar 10, 2015 at 6:43 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:52 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You're confusing defined terminology. What is a courtesy hold? If you mean you placed the reservation on hold then went to pay for it later this means that you were not ticketed. All holds and reservations expire if not ticketed by a certain time frame.

EY inventory is beyond AA's control.

Requesting a seat is available on holds and reservations, you do not need to be ticketed to make seat selection.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We had already booked a flight from MLE-AUH-JFK on the morning flight in business class for late December. Saw the news of the change and was able to login to the EY website and change our seats which now shows the A380 layout. Great "free" upgrade and excited to fly their latest product, especially since it only cost AA miles plus tax.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:27 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by nichojo
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...294976431.html

I wish they'd test it in Sept when I fly that route .
Darn.. just saw this.. was flying my parents to US this year with Etihad and was disappointed that they don't have A380.. unfortunately for me, they are launching it too late.. well, may be another time..
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
West coast A380

Cant wait for a west coast Ethiad route to Abu Dhabi!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.