Wiki Posts
Search

No F award seats LON-AUH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:45 am
Original Poster

No F award seats LON-AUH

Hi All,

In the past I've been able to secure LON-AUH-LON seats in F prettily easily. I've searched and there is not one seat available after Feb 15. Is this normal or due to the A380 or am I too early?!

Many thanks
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:07 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Hi All,

In the past I've been able to secure LON-AUH-LON seats in F prettily easily. I've searched and there is not one seat available after Feb 15. Is this normal or due to the A380 or am I too early?!

Many thanks
I snagged an F seat on the A380 June 2015 LHR-AUH - got in early - exact date I wanted
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: SQ KF
Was that before the flight was an A380?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:44 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
No, was when scheduled as A380, and sorry its April 2015 (not June, my mistake)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:05 pm

EtihadHelp

As I am looking to move some of my flying to Etihad I would like to know...

When can I expect to see 2015/2016 First Class rewards between LHR-AUH & AUH-SYD ???
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by easterisland
EtihadHelp

When can I expect to see 2015/2016 First Class rewards between LHR-AUH & AUH-SYD ???
You've got to be kidding asking a social media agent this question. Not going to shoot at your question though, all I can say is: unbelievable.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

so it looks like I'm too late, not too early!! Hey ho....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
You've got to be kidding asking a social media agent this question. Not going to shoot at your question though, all I can say is: unbelievable.
"You've got to be kidding"

"Unbelievable"

Why?

If you were looking to move multiple F revenue flights from BA & EK to Etihad would you not want to know that First Class Rewards were available on one of your regular routes?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:46 pm

"You've got to be kidding"

"Unbelievable"

Why?

If you were looking to move multiple F revenue flights from BA & EK to Etihad would you not want to know that First Class Rewards were available on one of your regular routes?
Sure, but asking their 'help' isn't going to get you anywhere. Besides, it's far in the future and even if they knew (I doubt they have any clue) their strategy with award inventory is bound to change by then and it's not something they'll share with the public.

You may think you're dealing with an open box and therefore expect an honest open answer but the reality is you're asking someone else who has no clue about whether the dragon -their employer/someone higher up will spill their beans on the mater.

Think of it as a poker game and you're asking your opponent about their cards before you make a move.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
EtihadHelp

I am mystified as to why this was posted in the middle of a different thread in the first place and as for the question well.....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:30 am

Sure, but asking their 'help' isn't going to get you anywhere. Besides, it's far in the future and even if they knew (I doubt they have any clue) their strategy with award inventory is bound to change by then and it's not something they'll share with the public.

You may think you're dealing with an open box and therefore expect an honest open answer but the reality is you're asking someone else who has no clue about whether the dragon -their employer/someone higher up will spill their beans on the mater.

Think of it as a poker game and you're asking your opponent about their cards before you make a move.
Here is what I signed up to...

Etihad Guest Programme Benefits / Unique Features

"No blackout periods GuestSeats are available on all flights"

I see 2x F and 2x J awards on other routes but like others I cannot see one F award seat for the whole of next year LHR-AUH.

Is it not fair to ask why?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
yes it certainly is and it is a good question.
but guest seats are available yes, for 2 million points!!!
I have been looking for months for F SYD AUH and am finding the same thing they are available infrequently till june then NOTHING. unless you want to pay 2 million points.
but that was the reason I left EK
tried to get 2 EK tickets for a whole year and they couldn't find me even one and said why don't you buy a business class and TRY to upgrade.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:01 am

Here is what I signed up to...

Etihad Guest Programme Benefits / Unique Features

"No blackout periods GuestSeats are available on all flights"

I see 2x F and 2x J awards on other routes but like others I cannot see one F award seat for the whole of next year LHR-AUH.

Is it not fair to ask why?
The feature in question, taken at face value, indicates that reward seats are NOT restricted to off-peak periods. But they don't say if that applies to all classes. So if you see GuestSeats in Y on the said route, they would have fulfilled their 'promise'. To be fair, the wording could be improved by replacing 'are' with 'may be'.

Still, this sentence should not be confused with a guarantee or a promise on a contract, which you seem to imply as be forced to sign and therefore begin arm waving when you realise no reward seats could be found.

Your question is fair, but not to Etihadhelp -especially from what we've seen of this handle on this forum.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:26 am

The feature in question, taken at face value, indicates that reward seats are NOT restricted to off-peak periods. But they don't say if that applies to all classes. So if you see GuestSeats in Y on the said route, they would have fulfilled their 'promise'. To be fair, the wording could be improved by replacing 'are' with 'may be'.

Still, this sentence should not be confused with a guarantee or a promise on a contract, which you seem to imply as be forced to sign and therefore begin arm waving when you realise no reward seats could be found.

Your question is fair, but not to Etihadhelp -especially from what we've seen of this handle on this forum.
My apologies for the irritation that my question has caused.

It would appear that I have misunderstood the concept of having an Etihad Company Representative on the forum (Etihadhelp)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
My apologies for the irritation that my question has caused.

It would appear that I have misunderstood the concept of having an Etihad Company Representative on the forum (Etihadhelp)
I'm not sure you have misunderstood the concept, just how most people are finding it is implemented in practice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.