Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
looked at dublin to bkk RTN for next march online; checked fare code of best value fare in business; €1999 but it booked into Z. Rang up a travel agent and they had the same fare €1999 in W which they confirmed was entitled to a chaufeer pick up..
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:33 pm

I think we can all agree that EY is shooting itself in the foot with this short sighted changes.
EK never changed its chauffeur drive policies (with the exception to trans-tasman but it's limited to that specific market), whereas EY is instituting the third overall program change and causing everyone a great deal of confusion.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:18 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm not - whoever writes here on behalf of Etihad sounds like a robot. They don't seem to ever read the flow of the thread, or completely engage with the question, but rather merely post several variations of "please contact us on <email address>".

Comparing peanuts to chauffeurs!

you can always bring your own peanuts on board. Sadly, the same is not always true for chauffeurs...
Totally agree on the so-called "Etihad Help" rep. Generic ill-informed answers given - no use at all here
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Chauffeur service unconfirmed

Hi,

I booked an Z-class ticket 2 weeks ago and booked the chauffeur service at the same time, today I received an email with the confirmation again, but this time stating that the chauffeur service has been UNCONFIRMED.

So, this is indeed the case

I hope that they will realize their mistake and revert this silly ruling, in my option business is business, no matter what class of ticket you purchase.

cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:47 am

I think it may be a good idea we all blast an email to them. Who can draft an angry business traveler email complaint?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
I checked and my flight would be a Z fare so I just booked MAN - BKK with KLM / China air. I've been watching prices and I can go by train or taxi and still be over £200 better off. Its a shame because I did enjoy using Etihad.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I think it may be a good idea we all blast an email to them. Who can draft an angry business traveler email complaint?
And while you on it:

I just booked and paid a tkt BKK-AUH-FRA v.v. for April next year because their system said "2 seats only left" and I am on fixed dates.

Now AFTER my bokking/paying, you guess it, system still says "2 seats left only".

I was wondering through the seat selection that there were still so many open seats. On one flight I was the first.

(This "2 seats..." applied to all fare buckets by the way.)

Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I don't know how much this will help based on their horrible customer service response which is nearly non-existence. (even as a Gold member, chasing after missing miles takes like half year to be processed and few months for complains/comments to be answered)

I hope that the Etihad rep. here will take note of this.

Cheers.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I hope that the Etihad rep. here will take note of this.
They have one here? Seriously?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Look at your e-ticket receipt - as sent to you by Etihad, or on the website (click "view E-ticket receipt" under "Next Steps" on the right-hand column once you log in with your PNR and surname)

In the column headed "other notes", for each flight you will see a "Fare Basis" followed by a string of letters and numbers. The first letter is the fare code you are booked in. If the sequence starts with a Z, then you have a Z class business ticket. If any individual flight is shown with a fare basis starting with W, C, D, or J, for that particular flight that is the fare class that applies to that flight.

Generally (but not always) all flights will be in the same fare class.
Hi IrishGuy, I've checked my previous Business Class E-ticket and the first letter in the Fare Basis is letter I. Do you know what this means?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Just done a dummy booking on Etihad and by selecting a flight on the following fare basis: ZAP90GB it comes up quoting this about chauffeur sectors under the fare rules which seems to be no change in policy? Surely they would have a hard time refusing you a chauffeur or a refund if they won't provide one.

--------------------------------------------------
FOR J-/C-/D-/W-/Z- LIMO SERVICE LIMITED TO 2
CHAUFFEUR SECTORS PER JOURNEY. PLEASE CONTACT EY
OFFICE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:03 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hello Amnicoll, having read your post, it seems that you are facing an issue while trying to book your chauffeur. For us to be able to look into this for you, please email us your booking reference at [email protected] Thank you! *GC
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there amnicoll if you would like us to clarify the details and entitlement of your booking please send through your booking reference to [email protected] and we will look into this for you. Many thanks *DP
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hello Amnicoll, having read your post, it seems that you are facing an issue while trying to book your chauffeur. For us to be able to look into this for you, please email us your booking reference at [email protected] Thank you! *GC
Now that's service!!!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Hi IrishGuy, I've checked my previous Business Class E-ticket and the first letter in the Fare Basis is letter I. Do you know what this means?
It means you won't be earning any miles.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Now that's service!!!
Emailed the social media email regarding my entitlement within 15 mins they have called me at home . Checked my existing booking for end of November . Told eligible -changes from 7th November and as a Gold can still have 4

Confused but impressed with speedy response ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.