Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Does the chauffeur work for guests who "bid" up a class? I am considering paying for my mom's upgrade, but would like to get her the chauffeur too!
No

Read the FAQ here: http://www.etihad.com/en/before-you-...rade-yourself/
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by cdn1
Ground handling and customer service of EY keeps going downhill.

A lot of people are saying EY's high standards are on a decline..I've only traveled in Y so can't speak for the expensive seats.

I can't say I've read through all posts on the thread cdn1 but - given its title/subject matter - I assume that your comments about a continued decline in standards relate either in part or whole to the removal of the CD service for some business class journeys.

But does the (publicised) change to a service which most carriers do not even provide at all indicate that standards of customer service at EY really are "going downhill" ......???

In all honesty, I'm not an EY regular myself but your post caught my eye as an interested bystander. I'm very conscious that different people have different perspectives when it comes to customer service - and in some ways that's a good thing. But I also believe that it would be next to impossible to find an airline that would fit all one's needs/preferences AND on a totally consistent basis. Or to coin a phrase, I'd say the grass is always greener on the other side of the road.....
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by PacificWave
From my experience in award F travel, Etihad driver service is definitely available for those traveling on American issued tickets (meaning AA award travel). The promotional hotel stays for business and first class are not available, but sometimes if you ask, they do it anyway.

One point of possible confusion is that even after American has given you the American record locator and also the Etihad record locator, it takes a few days before the accounting is settled between the carriers, and until that happens, you can't book the driver services.
Just double checking that Etihad chauffeur service is available for those redeeming AA miles for First class travel? I have an AUH-SYD trip on hold and the booking class is "O".

Just a little confused since some posts have said that "Z" class awards booking does not have chauffeur service. Z seems to be used to designate First class at some airlines, but is apparently used to designate Business class at Etihad.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Just double checking that Etihad chauffeur service is available for those redeeming AA miles for First class travel? I have an AUH-SYD trip on hold and the booking class is "O".

Just a little confused since some posts have said that "Z" class awards booking does not have chauffeur service. Z seems to be used to designate First class at some airlines, but is apparently used to designate Business class at Etihad.
Z is deep-discount business tickets on EY. Your First tickets will still be eligible for the chauffeur service.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Z is deep-discount business tickets on EY. Your First tickets will still be eligible for the chauffeur service.
Thanks for the confirmation, Wozza2404!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco

Got rejected twice over the phone. I was advised not available for partner award tickets even though the website states otherwise. They said the rule changed under a month ago.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Got rejected twice over the phone. I was advised not available for partner award tickets even though the website states otherwise. They said the rule changed under a month ago.
I booked the chauffeur for three different rides on three separate J tickets, all AA award tickets, within the last three weeks. Of course I didn't call, I did it over the web, and it is confirmed in writing on virtuallythere.com.

Maybe it is available for J partner awards but not for F partner awards? Highly unlikely.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:16 pm

Were you rejected over the phone for J or F tickets?

So the consensus is;

- no explicit language in T&C that restricts chauffeur service for AA awards redemptions

- a few data points that suggest phone reservations not available for J bookings using AA miles
* SeeBuyFly says online reservations for J bookings using AA miles ok.

- F bookings using AA miles ok (unclear if it works with online, phone, or both)

Last edited by iluvdoco; Feb 18, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:41 pm

My AA/EY VirtuallyThere reservation has: "Your flight booking entitles you to use our complimentary chauffeur service. Please click here to book."
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I was once told I couldn't book a window seat in J as they were reserved for top status pax, when I called EY.

Hang up and try again. Or do it online.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:08 am

I was once told I couldn't book a window seat in J as they were reserved for top status pax, when I called EY.
LOL, this agent must have worked for Ryan air or something...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
LOL, this agent must have worked for Ryan air or something...
It's just a case of "anything to get you off the phone", approach.

For whatever reason the system wouldn't let me sit anywhere other one of the centre pairs, and rather than try and sort out why, it's easier to lie to me.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
My AA/EY VirtuallyThere reservation has: "Your flight booking entitles you to use our complimentary chauffeur service. Please click here to book."
That's no real indication. My Z business class fare says that and you can actually go through the booking process but you then get an email saying "unable to confirm, ineligible fare class"
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by hzv5wk
That's no real indication. My Z business class fare says that and you can actually go through the booking process but you then get an email saying "unable to confirm, ineligible fare class"
I just booked a Z class chauffeur but I had booked this 2 weeks before the official change. But I haven't tried for my O booking yet, it is pretty far in future.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:45 am

My recent experience was for two bookings, one in F, one in J. Both said eligible online, went to book it, no dice. I called for the F, asked to book the transfer, was told not eligible. Asked how come, was told recent changes to rules meant that partner awards not eligible. I pointed out the T&C on the EY website, was told they're not responsible for what the website says because the agent was reading of her screen.

Fine. Hung up. Called an EY number in another country, the call went to the Manchester. I asked to do the same, citing this time the J booking. The agent placed me on hold, came back 5 minutes later saying the booking is not eligible because the ticket stock is non-EY. Again pointed out the text on the website. Agent checked it and said it is out of date. Now I have been rejected few times before, but that was due to the agent NOT knowing what's going on. Both the agents I spoke to seem to know about the 'rules' and where to get them.

Anyhow, I'll let this slide for a while then try again but I'm not hoping for much, especially that I already wasted more than an hour of calls on this simple task. (... with that 3 step verification, asking for ticket numbers, spelling out passenger names, phone numbers, email addresses, flight numbers, flight times -this is a new one, how the ticket were booked, where the tickets are issued). Are they becoming more creative or what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.