Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Coco-mat mattress for F?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:21 am
Original Poster

New Coco-mat mattress for F?

Firstly, do hope that this post is not considered insensitive considering the very grave news regarding MH370 - my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone touched by the unfolding tragedy.

Back to topic. Have just noticed that Etihad are advertising new 'linen and a mattress' for F - lack of a mattress pad was a major downside of their F class service imho and well overdue.

Is this just an advertising dream, or have any FT folks actually experienced this mattress?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:56 am

Was on EY873 on the 9th. Not sure if there were new mattresses since nothing of the sort was mentioned. However I did ask the FA to extra pad the bed with two layers of blankets under the sheets (the cabin was only half full) and grabbed 2 extra pillows.

Slept like a baby.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LausanneBoy
However I did ask the FA to extra pad the bed with two layers of blankets under the sheets (the cabin was only half full) and grabbed 2 extra pillows. Slept like a baby.
Oh, indeed - exactly what I have done in the past! The seat, when turned into a bed catches me right on my hip, probably my fault as I am vertically challenged.....
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:34 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
EY used to put a mattress on the bed, then stopped wight he current F product. Glad to hear they have brought it back.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Glad to hear they have brought it back.
But have they? Advertisements do not mention that they are only on specific routes, but I wonder.... Hard evidence would be much appreciated
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:02 pm

EY will be unveiling their new, "very special, very unique" interior of the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-900 in 7 weeks at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai, which coincidentally begins on May 5th, the airlines half-birthday. Look for a new livery by the end of this year.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/etiha...ks-541268.html
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
EY will be unveiling their new, "very special, very unique" interior of the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-900 in 7 weeks at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai, which coincidentally begins on May 5th, the airlines half-birthday.
So are you suggesting that this new 'linen service' will only be offered on the new A380's? Certainly not what the current advertising campaign is promoting.....

http://www.etihad.com/en-au/experien...rt-zone/touch/
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:47 am

Greetings,

According to the March Etihad flight magazine, the new mattress pads will be in Diamond First Class beginning on March 3. Hope this helps...

Last edited by sbraunthal; Mar 12, 2014 at 6:21 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
EY will be unveiling their new, "very special, very unique" interior of the Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-900 in 7 weeks at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai, which coincidentally begins on May 5th, the airlines half-birthday. Look for a new livery by the end of this year.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/etiha...ks-541268.html
A new livery would be welcome. Personally, I feel their tail design looks very militaristic! Needs generally modernising ^
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by grannieflyer
So are you suggesting that this new 'linen service' will only be offered on the new A380's? Certainly not what the current advertising campaign is promoting.....

http://www.etihad.com/en-au/experien...rt-zone/touch/
Hello, Grannieflyer. I'm suggesting that Etihad will introduce the new Airbus A380 and a brand new, "step-change" onboard product and service at the Arabian Travel Market May 5-8. The A380 is scheduled to debut in the first week of December on the Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow route.

The new 'linen service' may or may not be a part of the new product.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbraunthal
Greetings,

According to the March Etihad flight magazine, the new mattress pads will be in Diamond First Class beginning on March 3. Hope this helps...
It certainly does sbraunthal, very many thanks for that
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:41 am

I found a bit more detail about the COCO-MAT in this presentation the manufacturer provided to Etihad about the new 2-layer mattress:

http://issuu.com/agiannou/docs/coco-...ntation_etihad

Also, Etihad Airways launches major program to improve guest sleep experience

The unique mattress is made from extracts of the Hevea tree, a healthier alternative to standard petroleum-based foams. This natural rubber is known for its elasticity and is perforated with tiny holes to create a perfect ventilation system, enabling the material to breathe and regulate body temperature. The new bedding set features a 100 per cent cotton fitted sheet and a large down feather duvet and pillow. Etihad Airways is the only airline in the world to provide this bespoke product.

The airline aims to enhance the sleep experience by focusing on the senses of touch, sight, sound, aroma and taste. Fine cotton Heather Grey sleepsuits, unique pillow mist, pulse point oil and a selection of Bergamote 22 toiletries by New York brand, Le Labo now feature as part of its First Class sleep amenities. High quality comforters, blankets, pillows are provided in Pearl Business Class and Coral Economy Class respectively, along with unique Sougha amenity kits, inspired by traditional Emirati artisanal designs in all classes. To minimise the effects of ambient cabin sounds, Etihad Airways provides noise cancellation headphones in all three classes. Furthermore, to counteract harsh light, all cabins feature advanced mood-lighting systems.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Etihad Silver
I recently flew Etihad Diamond First from IAD-AUH (March 3. 2014) and AUH-IAD (March 12, 2014) My first flight had the old bedding. My return flight had the new Coco-Mat bedding.

In my opinion, I would say the new Coco-Mat betting is a step up in quality and comfort compared to the product it is replacing.

The most noticeable difference was in the padding placed on top of the seat surface was seemed slightly thicker and more comfy. The linens were brand new and had never been used so they were extremely soft and silky.

I was pleased with the Coco-Mat quality and am thinking of ordering some of there bedding for my home.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ssiedler
I recently flew Etihad Diamond First from IAD-AUH (March 3. 2014) and AUH-IAD (March 12, 2014) My first flight had the old bedding. My return flight had the new Coco-Mat bedding.

In my opinion, I would say the new Coco-Mat betting is a step up in quality and comfort compared to the product it is replacing.

The most noticeable difference was in the padding placed on top of the seat surface was seemed slightly thicker and more comfy.
Hope that helps.
Oh, it sure does help I was hoping that someone would post that had actually experienced the mattress! As I wrote before, I am not very tall and when I sleep my hip just 'hits the gap' in the flat seat, so lack of a mattress pad really was making me consider another airline. Thanks again ssiedler ^
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:14 pm

Two thumbs up on the new Coco-map matthress! I just flew AUH-IAD. When I changed into my pajamas the FA asked to prepare my bedding. The bedding mattress has two slots stitched in for the seat-belts to pass through. The pillow is very substantial and much more generous than other First Class suites I've experienced (especially the tiny ones on Asiana Oz Suite). The top down-filled blanket is heavy enough without being too hot. I noticed my suite got much warmer with the doors closed, as the aisle and the galley felts 10-degrees cooler. The tiny A/C port in the suite did not provide any air-flow unfortunately--perhaps mine was just broken? Overall, a great comfortable addition to the flat seats and my first time to sleep 9 solid hours on a plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.