Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Soo... Has anyone heard anything. Are they actually honoring their promotion? Did anyone get status?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by danohio
Soo... Has anyone heard anything. Are they actually honoring their promotion? Did anyone get status?
Nope. Still waiting... I sent them a follow-up email and received an automated response the promo has ended.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Oh wow I guess I should have checked here first that I'm not the only one having this problem. I applied on March 11th. I did not send a copy of my AA card as I never received it this year for some reason. I did include a copy of my statement along with asking for guidance as I still had my last year's card I could provide

After no response I went to Etihad's Guest Miles email and after some repeated questioning they said decisions should be made 2 weeks after applying..email below. Their Guest Miles support takes about 4-5 days itself just to respond to an email.

"Thank you for your email.

As per the link received, in order to apply for the tier match promotion, you were required to send us a copy of your Gold card with another airline’s loyalty programme, copy of your latest miles statement as well as your Etihad Guest number to [email protected] between February 21 and March 15, 2015.

If you have already done so, you will receive a confirmation email within two working weeks of your application.

Please note, as per the Terms & Conditions of the promotion, offer is only applicable to individuals based in UAE, UK, USA, Australia, Saudi Arabia, France, Switzerland, China and Japan and the approval are completely at the discretion of Etihad Guest."
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:16 am

Update

After just over a month since applying, I finally received the status-match.

The last week or so involved about five different emails from around the organization apologizing for delays, apologizing on behalf of others, the process, etc. I actually had no intentions of following up given the obvious internal problems they need to figure out. Only upon "giving up" did I today receive a 'welcome to Gold' email.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by DBCme
After just over a month since applying, I finally received the status-match.

The last week or so involved about five different emails from around the organization apologizing for delays, apologizing on behalf of others, the process, etc. I actually had no intentions of following up given the obvious internal problems they need to figure out. Only upon "giving up" did I today receive a 'welcome to Gold' email.
meaning you had to chase Etihad down for the Gold status?
vs. simply waiting for the "Gold" email? which is what I"ll be doing

Honestly, their Gold isn't worth much if they don't respond, have good customer service.

TK's Gold status match is completely opposite, very easy & quick process, which provides some confidence in the program/carrier (to me at least)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Hello all, Ive a quick question. Booked my first flight, HRE-DFW, on Etihad for next month. I'm an EXPLAT on AA and am wanting to start the requalification process for next year with this flight. Is there any way credit the miles to my AA account and also take advantage of the status match offered by Etihad? Are there any benefits that I would be missing if I didn't do the status match that I should be supposedly seeing as an Explat flying Etihad? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:05 am

Status match to Gold received here though months on and after repeated requests, nothing (membership card, luggage tags) has been sent out to me. Not a great first impression.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I matched it with my A3 status, but did not receive any confirmation e-mail. I am going to give up on it.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dfwrob
Hello all, Ive a quick question. Booked my first flight, HRE-DFW, on Etihad for next month. I'm an EXPLAT on AA and am wanting to start the requalification process for next year with this flight. Is there any way credit the miles to my AA account and also take advantage of the status match offered by Etihad? Are there any benefits that I would be missing if I didn't do the status match that I should be supposedly seeing as an Explat flying Etihad? Thanks for any suggestions!
Just FYI, you can't credit Etihad DFW-AUH flights to AA. This being the case, I did submit a status match request but I'm not holding my breath since Etihad miles do me no good. I will likely be switching my ME flights to Qatar since they are OneWorld now.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Welcome to Etihad Guest Gold

Dear XXXXXXXXXX ,
Membership number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your continued loyalty has earned you enough Tier Miles/Tier Segments to be upgraded to Etihad Guest Gold. So now you’ll enjoy more benefits and privileges every time you fly with Etihad Airways, Etihad Regional, Air Serbia, and Air Seychelles*, making every journey more rewarding.

Here are some of the key benefits of your Etihad Guest Gold membership:
• Enhanced Lounge Access – Invite a guest to enjoy our luxurious Business Class Lounges before you fly
• Rewards Sooner – Earn 50% bonus miles on every flight
• Priority Check-In and Boarding – Take advantage of priority check–in and boarding on all flights, regardless of which cabin you are travelling in
• Extra Baggage Allowance – 15 kilos additional baggage allowance on all applicable flights*
• Fast Track Immigration – Upon arrival at your destination, skip the queue at border control to enjoy a speedy exit*
• Nominate a Representative – We know your time is precious, so you can authorise one other person to manage your account on your behalf

To find out more about all your new benefits, please click here.
When will I get my new Etihad Guest Gold Card?

As we are in the process of redesigning our Etihad Guest cards, your new Etihad Guest Gold card will be sent to you on or before 31 May 2015. We’ll email you again to confirm when your new card has been successfully dispatched.

In the meantime, if you are planning to travel before your new card arrives, simply print out a copy of this email (which is valid until 31 May 2015) and present it at the airport to enjoy all the benefits exclusive to your Gold membership.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Baumgartner
Chief Commercial Officer - Etihad Airways

* Subject to the terms and conditions of the programme, the airline you are travelling on and service availability. For full details visit: www.etihadguest.com/en/programme/benefits/gold/
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
A month after the program closed, I finally received word that I was granted a status match against my US Airways status. It only took a bunch of emails to multiple inboxes before finally getting approved.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:34 pm

Got matched, no chasing.

I received the magical mail yesterday after more than 5 weeks since sending request. Never followed up nor cared for it much but it seems they are just taking their time to process. Also,I applied a day before my AA platinum was expiring.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: Gold Hilton-Starwood-ClubCarlson-LeClub /Amex/ Gold Cathay-Silver BA-Etihad Silver
I just received my Etihad Gold email. I had totally forgotten and thought I won't receive it but it worked. I matched my Cathay Gold ( perk from the Amex Plat) and it was accepted. I didn't credit any miles to Cathay so I thought it wouldn't since it was 0 balance.

Can't complain
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Status Match

I also finally got approved for the status match yesterday. They must be digging out of a backlog
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
I sent an email with my A3 gold card on 24 February.

Received the Welcome to Gold email today, advising the cards were being redesigned and would be sent out after 31 May. In the meantime, use a printout of said email.

Took a while, and had given up on it (win some, lose some) - but there it was!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.