Status Match

Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Status Match

Anyone know how to request a status match in Etihad Guest?

I have Gold status with EK and Platinum with DL. Have taken one trip on EY so far, IAD - AUH - JNB & return in J class last month, may fly them more often, and if so was thinking there's no harm in asking for a status match.

But I couldn't see anything on the web site indicating where to send the request or what documentation to provide such as statements from the other programs where I have status.

Any info greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:06 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Check this Ethiad offer: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...gold-card.aspx

They have campaign till 22th of Feburary.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:35 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
now limited to UAE residents only.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
work fine for me, got gold
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
DancePlaza, I'm assuming you do NOT have a UAE address. Is that correct?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
i don't have an UAE adress, but I've already signed up on February 6th before Etihad changed their T&C.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Originally Posted by gooseman13
DancePlaza, I'm assuming you do NOT have a UAE address. Is that correct?
AusBT confirmed that the old T&Cs apply to those who registered before they added the UAE resident bit:

However, following enquiries from Australian Business Traveller, Etihad Airways' corporate communications spokesman Stephen Mahoney said that the airline "will honour (status match) applications made before the T&Cs were changed."
http://www.ausbt.com.au/frequent-fly...tus-match-deal
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
For the status matches pre the changes in the terms and conditions how long have they taken ?
Have they rejected many ?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Still waiting for mine posted before T&C changes.
Crossing fingers.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Status matching on Etihad is a complete joke.

I participated in their Gold Guest Elite status match they had around 1 - 1.5 years ago. They sent me an email they were working on it, and never heard from them again. Even after emailing them 3-4 times, never a response. Lots of people were matched in that one, but it appeared to be really done poorly with little communication to anybody, just people noticing they were Gold Guest Elite all of a sudden. I certainly qualified for the match, with over 300,000 tier miles on Emirates that year. It almost appeared as if they started doing the match and when they ran out of steam just left the people they didn't get to hanging.

So, fast forward to this match. I, again, applied right when this was first posted. Got an e-mail that they received my match request. This time I am Emirates Platinum and provided all the info. And... Not a peep again.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Anybody any luck?

applied pre-T&C change but haven't heard back from them except for the auto reply
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by birsti
Anybody any luck?

applied pre-T&C change but haven't heard back from them except for the auto reply

I received my match yesterday. Applied 9th February. Non UAE resident.
I did not receive any email. I logged into my account to check status.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:14 am

I just checked my account (non UAE resident) and the current tier level of my account now states "Matching Gold". I can't see anywhere the validity. I didn't receive any email notification.
Will Etihad send a physical card?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kurwah
I received my match yesterday. Applied 9th February. Non UAE resident.
I did not receive any email. I logged into my account to check status.
Same here, no email but received the card with 2016 expiry today! ^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I was due to drop to Silver today (1 March) but applied for the status match around 2 weeks ago. My Silver membership pack shows as "dispatched" in my account transactions (not yet received and I live in the UAE) but I am also now showing as "Matching Gold". When I spoke to Etihad Guest this morning the lady told me that the status match had been approved and I would be Gold for 2 years. Will just have to wait and see what, if any, membership pack turns up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.