Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: EY Platinum
You don't - that will depend on the fleet management decisions of Etihad. You can probably make an informed guess based on previous flights, but you can never be certain.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
So, there are still A330s with the old configuration? Anybody care to tell what does the seat map on these A/C look like?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
So, there are still A330s with the old configuration? Anybody care to tell what does the seat map on these A/C look like?
Exactly like the seat map on their refurbished planes. Only the seats and design differ.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:52 pm

So by 'old business class' are we talking the blue seats?

They are flat though aren't they? I'm flying AUH-MAN on an A330 soon, and you got me worried....

Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
Yes they're flat and to be honest, I can't say there's a huge difference between old and new though others seem to feel there is.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Is EY currently undertaking a refurb program for the rest of the A332s and 346s, or will it leave the fleet as it is?

Originally Posted by polalysi
Airbus A330-200
Old Seats:
A6-EYD, A6-EYF, A6-EYG, A6-EYH, A6-EYI, A6-EYJ, A6-EYL, A6-EYO, A6-EYQ.
New Seats:
A6-EYE, A6-EYK, A6-EYM, A6-EYN, A6-EYR, A6-EYP, A6-EYS

Airbus A330-300
Old Seats:
None
New Seats:
A6-AFA, A6-AFB, A6-AFC, A6-AFD, A6-AFE, A6-AFF

Airbus A340-500 *
Old Seats:
A6-EHA, A6-EHB, A6-EHC, A6-EHD
New Seats:
None

Airbus A340-600
Old Seats:
A6-EHI, A6-EHJ, A6-EHL
New Seats:
A6-EHE, A6-EHF, A6-EHH, A6-EHK

Boeing 777-300ER
Old Seats:
A6-ETA, A6-ETB, A6-ETC, A6-ETD, A6-ETE
New Seats:
A6-ETF, A6-ETG, A6-ETH, A6-ETI, A6-ETJ, A6-ETK, A6-ETL, A6-ETM, A6-ETN, A6-ETO, A6-ETP

* The Airbus A340-500 is likely to remain with the old interior design until it'll probably be removed from the fleet within the next few months. (Please note they still have the new Diamond First Class on all 4 aircraft of the fleet.)

All 3-class aircraft are equipped with the new first class suites.

This data is not official. This data could be wrong or outdated.

If you have different experiences feel free to comment below.

Updates:
A6-EHH from old to new.
A6-EHF from old to new.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by csdf
Yes they're flat and to be honest, I can't say there's a huge difference between old and new though others seem to feel there is.
Totally agree!!!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gunlie
Totally agree!!!
Never sat in either one, but the newer one looks more aesthetically pleasing (to me).
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by singal3
Never sat in either one, but the newer one looks more aesthetically pleasing (to me).
Ah!

I was under the impression that "old" meant "non flat bed"?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:17 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
This old vs new thing is a non-issue really IME & I have flown both. There is no massive difference, both are full-flat 180 degree horizontal. The old version just looks a little dated, mainly because the colour scheme/fabric colours look a little old fashioned. AB have only just fitted exactly the same seats on their A330s but with more contemporary fabrics/colours. All perfectly fine
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Gosh, I thought people were talking about the "pre-dinosaur" seats (ie, the seats and aircraft that used to be SQ ... ie, when EY was first born!)
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: EK Blue,VS,BA, Krisflyer, Hilton Gold , Radisson Gold , Hyatt Gold.
What j seats are on the Dublin routes ?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by porsche911
What j seats are on the Dublin routes ?
As long as it is a Etihad aircraft you will have the lie flat seats. The difference might be the old blueish seats in the picture above or the new seats. Layout is the same though and only minor changes in the seat itself.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: Skywards, Miles & More, BA Exec Club
I flew on A6-EYS on Wednesday from AUH to MAN and the seats (i was 9F) were just like the ones shown in the pic above. So was that new or old?

Whilst they were lie-flat, I wasn't overly impressed with the layout. The tray table was a pain to manoeuvre, the TV controller was a little hit and miss and there was little in the way of storage areas, or a safe place to put a drink without setting the table down.

I also struggled to fit into the seat when attempting to lie flat on my back, I'm not a large person! Thankfully I'm one of those who sleeps better on my side.

The upside was that the food and service was top notch!

Last edited by groobs; Sep 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm Reason: More info
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:08 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by groobs
I flew on A6-EYS on Wednesday from AUH to MAN and the seats (i was 9F) were just like the ones shown in the pic above. So was that new or old?

Whilst they were lie-flat, I wasn't overly impressed with the layout. The tray table was a pain to manoeuvre, the TV controller was a little hit and miss and there was little in the way of storage areas, or a safe place to put a drink without setting the table down.

I also struggled to fit into the seat when attempting to lie flat on my back, I'm not a large person! Thankfully I'm one of those who sleeps better on my side.

The upside was that the food and service was top notch!
They would be the "old "seats then. Good to see you had great service ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.