Wiki Posts
Search

Special meal for J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Special meal for J?

Hi Guys,

I tried a search but couldn't find a thread for my question. My SO and I were able to upgrade our next flights from MNL to DUB with miles. My SO does not eat red meat or poultry, but she does eat fish. We usually book vegetarian meals when flying (too be able to eat at the same time). Do we need to book a special meal for her on the return flights? I am not concerned about myself as I believe we can eat when we want to so will not need to book a meal for myself.

The first flight departs around 1am and arrives 6am in AUH so I believe we will have breakfast on the plane - will try to sleep on this flight so not sure if we will even eat on the plane. Might just eat a little and have breakfast in the lounge, but the second flight departs at 9am so lunch should be the order of the day. Is it better to book the vegetarian meal or would the chances be quite high that there will be a fish course for her?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Enzokk
Hi Guys,

I tried a search but couldn't find a thread for my question. My SO and I were able to upgrade our next flights from MNL to DUB with miles. My SO does not eat red meat or poultry, but she does eat fish. We usually book vegetarian meals when flying (too be able to eat at the same time). Do we need to book a special meal for her on the return flights? I am not concerned about myself as I believe we can eat when we want to so will not need to book a meal for myself.

The first flight departs around 1am and arrives 6am in AUH so I believe we will have breakfast on the plane - will try to sleep on this flight so not sure if we will even eat on the plane. Might just eat a little and have breakfast in the lounge, but the second flight departs at 9am so lunch should be the order of the day. Is it better to book the vegetarian meal or would the chances be quite high that there will be a fish course for her?
Pretty sure you can request a fish/seafood meal in advance.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Pretty sure you can request a fish/seafood meal in advance.

I did request our vegetarian meals when booking, and can change it on the "manage your booking" on the website, however they do not offer a seafood meal as an option, as that is what I would have chosen. I did check the website and it is on as one of their special meals. I guess another call to the call center is in store?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:35 am

Is the special meal a larger portion than the tiny regular meals?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Any further experience with seafood special meal request in Business?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:11 pm

If you have a FF account with EY, there is an option to choose seafood meal as your default.

Seafood meals are pretty decent with EY. I've had mostly different forms of fish served during multiple flights. My brother once was given caviar. No prawns that I remember, though. No crab or lobster.

But as with any any other meal, it can be pretty much hit & miss with EY. On one occasion, the seafood appetizer didn't appeal much to me & I requested the Arabic mezze, but the FA refused politely, saying that since I had pre-booked the seafood, I'll have to make do with my original choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.