Search

Changes to the Etihad Guest programme

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Changes to the Etihad Guest programme

Dear Alice11,

We would like to inform you of the following changes that we are making to the Etihad Guest programme as of 01st June 2012.

- Earning Etihad Guest Miles:

Since the launch of the programme, Etihad Guest members have earned the same number of miles, irrespective of the fare paid, within a given cabin.

Following a number of changes to our fare structure, the number of Etihad Guest Miles earned will now be dependant of the fare class.

Please click here for full details on the new earning rates.

- Charges for Redemption Bookings:

As an Etihad Guest member, you can make a redemption booking using your Etihad Guest Miles at any time in the comfort of your own home by simply logging into your account on www.etihadguest.com/rewardshop.

Our Etihad Guest Service Centre team is also trained to assist you with the process at any time. However, should you wish for the Service Centre team to complete the redemption transaction on your behalf, this will incur a service fee as of 01st June 2012, for our Etihad Guest Base and Silver members. Etihad Guest Gold and Etihad Guest Gold Elite members will be able to use this service free of charge.

This service charge will not apply for services that are not available online.

Please click here for full details on these new service fees.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:52 am

Nothing on the Etihadguest website.

Can you post the changes in earnings?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...programme.aspx
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Etihad Gold Elite, FB Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold
He he Nice Etihad ....

First they increase the Milage for Burning ... now they give less Milage for Earning !

And I dont know if anyone lately see their fare ... is more expensive then ever!

Not sure if EY making a wise move about this .. since their network is not like EK or QR . They still a small player in the market.

But maybe they dont want loyal passenger ... but one time monkey-pax class flying
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Global Entry, United Silver
Goodbye, EY.

Y pax are going to be leaving in droves.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:25 pm

This might be obvious to most here, but when I buy a ticket with Etihad, I don't specify a fare class. So how can I make sure that my ticket is in a fare class that attracts 100%? I'd been hoping that my upcoming trip DUB-BKK in economy would allow me an upgrade to Business for part of my trip in 2013. I currently have over 17000 miles with them.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:42 pm

Their FF program was nothing that great to start with. If they keep their fares low enough (especially in J&F), they should be able to compete regardless. Certainly another real devaluation just months after they raised redemption rates.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
These changes seem reasonably fair to me as far as J/F flyers are concerned. If one pays for flexibility (at a considerable price hike over deep discounted fares) one should earn more IMHO. In fact those fexible fare buyers in premium cabins now get an increase in miles earned. I will stick with EY for now.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I would agree even for a foreign FFP it sucked and after this double devaluation. I wonder how this will effect earning miles on partner airlines, if they are stiffing their own.

Also while I will agree F and J pax deserve more miles do not totally over look Y pax, it has been shown in the industry it is hard to make a go of it without Y pax.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum,Hertz President Circle
I have a feeling that they will be joining the OneWorld alliance soon specially after joining of air berlin recently....
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by BharatiyaNari
Goodbye, EY.

Where to?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
thats terrible ! i fail to see how will that attract more pax ?

BA executive club is much better in comparison !

am i correct to assume with their example on their wbsite , that Tier miles earned are un affected ?

Ie: travelling on discounted coral economy from AUh to LHR would earn 1705 miles (50% ratio) but still earn 3409 tier miles ?

im confused !

regards
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by den3aah
thats terrible ! i fail to see how will that attract more pax ?

BA executive club is much better in comparison !

am i correct to assume with their example on their wbsite , that Tier miles earned are un affected ?

Ie: travelling on discounted coral economy from AUh to LHR would earn 1705 miles (50% ratio) but still earn 3409 tier miles ?

im confused !

regards
Yes, I understand that tier miles are not affected by this change. So EY is not trying to reduce the number of Silver/Gold/Gold Elite members by this move...
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by BharatiyaNari
Goodbye, EY.

yeah - agreed, at least from my point of view. i did 50k miles in Y in the first 2 months of 2012, about 90% of which were with EY because I could upgrade 1 flight in 4 on miles. Make that 1 flight in 8, as this adjustment does, and it's just not as attractive anymore.

There's no arguing here - what's done is done. They know this, and indeed aren't after the guys like me, 150k miles a year on a spend of 10k. I've been offered a comp to EK Gold, and will take it. EK doesn't do any better on the whole earn/burn ratio either, but they are also no longer at a distinct disadvantage. I used to fly into AUH and take a limo to DXB due to the mileage setup - now I'll just fly straight into DXB.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Don't think they are after guys like me neither.
I spent 162.384 miles on a business class ticket BKK-BRU for next month travel and am a free man.

Was told by mail I got my 3d year gold in the mail, so what?

Want to fly BKK-BRU-YUL-BRU-BKK business class later this year and will not be bound with EY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.