Wiki Posts
Search

"Purchase Flagged for Security Reasons"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
"Purchase Flagged for Security Reasons"

Apparently my recent purchase on EY's website was flagged for security purposes and the email says I now need to show my credit card at check in. Does this mean I can't use OLCI? Annoying, because the seats right in the front are blocked till then.

Also, why used verified with visa if you are going to then go ahead and flag my purchase? I thought verified by visa was there to make sure the purchase wasn't fradulent. If you are going to flag suspicious purchases anyway then please don't waste my time with verified by visa.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
I get the same thing every time with EY when i book online. No big deal, just need to show it on check in. No idea why..happens to my partner as well. Can book a $15,000 fare on the Qantas website with no problems but Etihad website will choke with something as little as $280 for taxes on a redemption ticket.

I have checked in online with this before and chosen my seat but have always been asked for my credit card when checking bags. Gulf Air used to do this all the time as well.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I wasn't able to use OLCI but I am not sure that this was because of the security 'flag.' I called EY but they had no idea... I was able to check-in for my connecting flight without a problem.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
Glad the flights were ok. Its never nice getting a security warning when you do a transaction online. Etihad need to fix that issue rather than huff and puff at check in about producing the credit card before they will issue boarding cards.

Protecting themselves I'm sure but they can be a little more sensitive about it.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:38 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
There was a story on BBC's fast:track about this very issue. Airlines have ridiculously high fraud transactions, so it is common to be asked to produce the credit card at check in. I have experienced this on a number of airlines, in fact Qantas and BA require this for Thai originating fares, even if just paying taxes on awards.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
I had a pretty awful situation last year, my boss booked me a ticket in J for MNL-AUH-LHR using his company credit card. Transaction went through, website explained that would need to present card or photocopy of card and passport at checkin, ok fine we can work that one out. Next get an e-mail that the transaction has been suspended until the card is presented at an Etihad Office, which was a bit ridiculous. Decided to cancel the transaction and get a refund and book through the company agent, the refund took 6 months.
I think this might be something to do with the flight originating in Manila, being a high risk place.
It's the only bad experience i've ever had with EY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.