Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETIHAD versus Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sambessey
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a LACTO-OVO-VEGETARIAN just a normal veggie? Are you saying you asked for a veggie meal and got Vegan? I would be annoyed if that happened to me. EY do a veggie option on their menu for anyone that wants it I think, and you can ask for it during the normal meal service without pre- ordering. (I always go for the meat options though )

Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian means eggs, cheese, veggies etc. is okaz but nothing which had a face. VEGAN means NO DIARY produce at all. Just veggies and fruits. No butter etc.

None of the airlines get it right despite they all advertise it.

So we cancelled it and stick with the menu choices. We find something in anz case.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Splitting hairs--both are GREAT airlines!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 am
Original Poster

etihad versus emirates

Now we have checked in anfd stay in the lounge: Changed from Qantas to Air NZ. Lounge offers a very nice ambiance.
No champagne / NZ bubblz instead. That's nice and not a deal breaker.
What's annozing: Again no hot vegetarian option. We stick with the cheese and nuts, and some green salad.

We have already decided - next time Emirates again despite the flat's are better in Etihad.

Here come our down sides:

- flies out of FRA instead of DUS. Too fussy! Too time consuming!
- Emirates lounges are at least one class above of Etihad! Awesome
dishes, all extremely well presented.
Lounges are more SIGNATURE! Even Dubai is HUGE but the lounge offers
more privacy as tables and seats are more spread out.

Good we had the experience so that we know the difference - now we can be certain Emirates is serving us\our needs far better - based on thorough evaluation.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: EK, AC, Delta, EY
I travelled EY only once and liked it. Better treatment, freindly staff , quality food etc eventhough the plane took off from Abu Dhabi 2 hrs late for collecting passengers from a sub continent flight was late due to fog. I didn't mind that all .
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pippa13
saad - let me put it that way: I don`t like to shop and I don` like to drive/walk around huge construction places. Dubai particularly isn`t calling on me for a lot of reasons. The major ones I alreadz mentioned.
But / never mind! Too each its own.
in case you forgot, you already answered this question over 10 days ago....why the sudden need to answer it again????

Last edited by Keyser; Nov 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Overall, EY, much better airline overall, however EK has a deeper schedule in terms of routes and frequencies..
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
EK has the worst business class seats in their A330 fleet. It is the only airline that still have 7 seats abreast in business class and these seats are not flat bed seats just recliners
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:35 pm
Suspended

It's weird that EY has 17" seats in Y on the 777-300ER and 9-across seating, while EK has the same seat width but 10-across seating.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Indeed, big screens, with noise cancelling headphones and 3-3-3 configuration^

My vote goes to EY!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:04 am

Have flown LGW/KUL both in Biz and Eco. on their B777 aircraft. The nearly lie-flats in Biz was nothing to shout about from LGW to DXB. Cabin Crew were friendly and attentive when required The sleeperetes from DXB to KUL were awfull and the flight continued to MEL....urrrgh. Biz Lounges at Gatwick and KL were lovely with Gatwick staff tops. DXB lounge unfriendly and staff cold and indifferent.
As for Eco. never never never never again. 10 abreast on a B777??? Gee Emirates, you can do better than that!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by miles4all
Indeed, big screens, with noise cancelling headphones and 3-3-3 configuration^

My vote goes to EY!
You like the 3-3-3 configuration? I know it was controversial with UA when the reconfigured the 777.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Compared to 10 across on EK!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:35 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Can anyone compare EY and EK in F? Specifically the new EY suites and EK on the A388?

My impression is that while I love A388s, and the lounge on board, EK looks a bit gaudy. Anyone who has experienced both, I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Can anyone compare EY and EK in F? Specifically the new EY suites and EK on the A388?

My impression is that while I love A388s, and the lounge on board, EK looks a bit gaudy. Anyone who has experienced both, I would greatly appreciate your advice.
I have experienced both and it depends on your priorities. You say that you love the lounge on board - I assume you mean the Bar at the rear of Biz on the EK 380's in which case you will miss that on EY. Personally it would be a difficult call for me if I was looking to choose between the two on the same route at the same price because I do not use the bar on EK and I love the EY First Class lounge at Abu Dhabi T3. As far as food is concerned personally I prefer EY especially because they have a wider selection of "snack" type meals and because EK always seem to run out of my choice (and sometimes of everything) on the A380 unless I choose to eat immediately after take off. You would need to be very sensitive to find EK to be too gaudy and personally it does not turn me off at all. I have also found the service on EY too be much better but again it is often down to personal preferences as to how much attention you want paid to you. For me I would go for EY as I would not miss the shower (I bathe before I leave or after I arrive) and on board bar and prefer their food and service. Finally I find Abu Dhabi airport to be much easier and faster to get around than Dubai unless you end up checking in at Abu Dhabi T3 and leaving from a T1 gate (does not happen with flagship routes though very often) in which case it is not so good but still not as bad as leaving from a T1 gate at Dubai ...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I just flew business class last week BKK-AUH-BRU.
Perfect flight. FA's very attentive.
New seats on A330-200 to BRU, a vast improvement on the already excellent flat bed seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.