Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK First - Consistent Inconsistencies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK First - Consistent Inconsistencies

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by 77Wguy
That is some funny sh*t!
Nice to know they were attentive enough to count how many glasses of Dom you'd consumed, if only they had invested as much enthusiasm in the rest of the service!
@:-)
Only 6 glasses of Dom? You should have been with me on my last flight ex BOM. The champers was flowing freely, brilliant flight. Agree with inconsistent in flight service. Latest was DBX - MAN in J asked for balsamic dressing for the salad and was told only available in F class. Mentioned it has been available every time i have flown in or out of Manchester or Birmingham. Was told not possible it has only ever been available in F.
Did not realise the time and heard my name called for-the flight. Pressed post instead of cancel so the post was incomplete. On the same flight Mrs. G had pre-ordered a veg meal. On the menu was stuffed mushrooms, asked if she could change and was told no you can't, you have to take the pre-ordered meal. Asked the FA if there were any stuffed mushrooms left over following the service could she then change. Again the answer was sorry ma'am you have to take the pre-ordered meal. It was crazy, i took the mushrooms and swapped for her veg meal.

Last edited by Gorilaz; Aug 13, 2009 at 9:13 am
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
This is funny ....... in F, I asked for "digestive buiscuits" along with the cheese platter ....... and the FA came back with the Indian "after mint digestives" (like the after mints you get on Jet Airways). I thought it was too funny ........... I think the inconsistencies has to do with the particular crew from flight to flight. They just are either fantastic or clueless.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:09 am

i hope you are indeed taking this matter up with EK customer service, since things like this need to be nipped in the bud. It is ridiculous and unacceptable for any passengers to be lied to, let alone first class. the email id is normally ek<country name>@emirates.com, like for india, it is [email protected]

let them know about it, maybe u would get compensated too.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Absolutely agree with the 'inconsistencies'. Just got off an overnight in First from KL with no earphones.. (!). We had economy ones. Also breakfast without either tea or coffee. Apparently it was too close to landing to brew any - we landed one hour later...
Also terrible experience at the Address Hotel (See down_the_back's thread on the for an enlightening read). Got on to Emirates about that although it is not directly their fault and they looked into it, which was good. However the address Hotel lied through their teeth from beginning to end about the problems, basically saying that there weren't any and Emirates response to me was to say that I must have been mistaken... Highly unsatisfactory, and slightly insulting being called a liar...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.