Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Terrible Emirates Customer Service Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Emirates Customer Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Recent flights with Emirates

New Member!

I just returned from trip LGW-DXB-BKK-DXB-LGW with Emirates, I received an e-mail day before dept LGW asking if I wanted to upgrade to Business for £290 I followed the link and paid and excitedly boarded the flight only to find that the seat was dirty, the foot rest was all scratched and filthy. This was the first time I had flown Business Class and I have to admit that I would feel sick if I had paid the full fare, the headphones where filthy and terribly worn. In fact the whole aircarft looked filthy dirty and worn out, even though these where the newer lay flat beds I was not impressed whatsoever, service from crew was poor, I tried to take advantage of the free champagne but just got funny looks every time I asked for a top up that I was made to feel uncomfortable asking. This was repeated when having finished my dessert I asked for cheese and port. The ICE system kept freezing and the cameras so you can watch take off & landing did not work (something I was looking forward to)

I landed at Dubai and spent 40 minutes on a bus that was packed & hot, the terminal was grim, floors dirty, it stunk, every eatery or coffee outlet had rubbish on the tables, the toilets where disgusting.

Every single staff member of every food & drinks outlet looked depressed, the toilet attendents where just standing around directing people to vacant stalls holding windscreen cleaners? WEIRD....

What happened? I remember flying to Dubai years ago to and from India and everything was amazingingly clean & new.

There are information desks in Dubai down the middle of the main shopping mall area and each one had a lady with black headdress sat there and when I aksed one of them to recommend somewhere nice to eat she looked at me in a really nasty way and just pointed in the direction down the aisle and said "over there over there" as I walked away I looked back and she was looking at me really weird.. cannot beleive how unwelcoming that airport is compared to Bangkok or even Alicante.

My flight to Bangkok was on the new A-380 this was a fantastic treat and unexpected, I remember thinking how the hell are they going to get all these people on the flight as the boarding gate was packed.

A777-300E on way back to Dubai and was sat next to two rugby players, because I was in 36K there is no window and no room so I had to sit sideways for 7 hours in agonizing pain and because they both fell asleep I was stuck, could not eat meal as the tray would not come down. AWFULL

Back to filthy Dubai and back to LGW to catch a flight to ALC the recently opened new terminal at Alicante airport makes Dubai look like a pile of .....

My flight cost £890 I wrote to Emirates to ask for an invoice as it was a Business trip and in order to claim back the costs I would require an invoice with my Company details on I got this response from Emirates:

Dear .........

We do not issue invoices, however an e-ticket receipt is normally issued with all tickets which shows the payment details. Please provide us with your flight numbers dated of travel and if possible thebooking reference and we will send you a copy

Kind regards

Paul Holland

Customer Affairs UK

In Spain you can only submit invoices when you do your accounts, receipts of any kind are not allowed, even when you buy petrol you have to get a proper printed or written invoice with Company name, Company reference number address etc. How can Businesses claim back costs of flights with an e-ticket / recept? Seems strange to me?

I think I will be using Qatar airways next time or Turkish as I have heard great reports from friends.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by no7agency
I think I will be using Qatar airways next time or Turkish as I have heard great reports from friends.
Go ahead.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: QR
Talking

A777-300E on way back to Dubai and was sat next to two rugby players, because I was in 36K there is no window and no room so I had to sit sideways for 7 hours in agonizing pain and because they both fell asleep I was stuck, could not eat meal as the tray would not come down. AWFULL

Back to filthy Dubai and back to LGW to catch a flight to ALC the recently opened new terminal at Alicante airport makes Dubai look like a pile of .....
You mean B777-300ER but no new news here about Dubai, wonder what is going to happen there in 10, 20, or 30 years once they run out of oil?

I dont think you can get much from complaining to EK!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Skywards

... the seat was dirty, the foot rest was all scratched and filthy ... the headphones where filthy and terribly worn. In fact the whole aircarft looked filthy dirty and worn out ... The ICE system kept freezing and the cameras so you can watch take off & landing did not work ...
Should've obtained substantive evidence with your mobile phone camera, otherwise it's your word against EK's. Doubt you'll make any progress

I landed at Dubai and spent 40 minutes on a bus that was packed & hot, the terminal was grim, floors dirty, it stunk, every eatery or coffee outlet had rubbish on the tables, the toilets where disgusting.

Every single staff member of every food & drinks outlet looked depressed, the toilet attendents where just standing around directing people to vacant stalls holding windscreen cleaners? WEIRD....
EK not responsible for third party services
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Was everything on one ticket? If yes, you have a claim. If not, you are SOL unfortunately - airlines are not responsbile for consequential losses.

Cheers,
Hes absolutely right... and you could have taken the boat you know...its not far!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
New Member!

I just returned from trip LGW-DXB-BKK-DXB-LGW with Emirates, I received an e-mail day before dept LGW asking if I wanted to upgrade to Business for £290 I followed the link and paid and excitedly boarded the flight only to find that the seat was dirty, the foot rest was all scratched and filthy. This was the first time I had flown Business Class and I have to admit that I would feel sick if I had paid the full fare, the headphones where filthy and terribly worn. In fact the whole aircarft looked filthy dirty and worn out, even though these where the newer lay flat beds I was not impressed whatsoever, service from crew was poor, I tried to take advantage of the free champagne but just got funny looks every time I asked for a top up that I was made to feel uncomfortable asking. This was repeated when having finished my dessert I asked for cheese and port. The ICE system kept freezing and the cameras so you can watch take off & landing did not work (something I was looking forward to)

What happened? I remember flying to Dubai years ago to and from India and everything was amazingingly clean & new.

There are information desks in Dubai down the middle of the main shopping mall area and each one had a lady with black headdress sat there and when I aksed one of them to recommend somewhere nice to eat she looked at me in a really nasty way and just pointed in the direction down the aisle and said "over there over there" as I walked away I looked back and she was looking at me really weird.. cannot beleive how unwelcoming that airport is compared to Bangkok or even Alicante.

My flight to Bangkok was on the new A-380 this was a fantastic treat and unexpected, I remember thinking how the hell are they going to get all these people on the flight as the boarding gate was packed.

My flight cost £890 I wrote to Emirates to ask for an invoice as it was a Business trip and in order to claim back the costs I would require an invoice with my Company details on I got this response from Emirates:

Dear .........

We do not issue invoices, however an e-ticket receipt is normally issued with all tickets which shows the payment details. Please provide us with your flight numbers dated of travel and if possible thebooking reference and we will send you a copy

Kind regards

Paul Holland

Customer Affairs UK

In Spain you can only submit invoices when you do your accounts, receipts of any kind are not allowed, even when you buy petrol you have to get a proper printed or written invoice with Company name, Company reference number address etc. How can Businesses claim back costs of flights with an e-ticket / recept? Seems strange to me?

With respect --- as to your Dubai experience and your aircraft experience, I dont believe a word of your post.
My disbelief is reinforced by the fact that under UK, EU and US law an e ticket with BP -- OR other evidence of flight undertaken by subejct plus payment accrued --- is completely adequate proof. There are dozens of disputes resolved in all these regions with just such evidence. So stop dissimulating, please.

Last edited by rathin100; Apr 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by rathin100
With respect --- as to your Dubai experience and your aircraft experience, I dont believe a word of your post.
^ ^
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:06 am

Smile

Originally Posted by rathin100
My disbelief is reinforced by the fact that under UK, EU and US law an e ticket with BP -- OR other evidence of flight undertaken by subejct plus payment accrued --- is completely adequate proof. There are dozens of disputes resolved in all these regions with just such evidence. So stop dissimulating, please.
I dont beleive it either! But I am running a Business in Spain and they will only accept invoices "facturas" for the purpose of accounting, I apreciate that this sounds nuts, but this is 100% true.. I cannot even claim back receipts from the tole roads as they are not an invoice with my company details on!

I think it must be against the Law to refuse a request for an invoice?

This explains what I am up against :

http://advoco.es/advice/26-autonomo-...-in-spain.html

I think Dubai airport & Emirates fleet require a good scrub!

Last edited by no7agency; Apr 20, 2011 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:16 am

I am running a Business in Spain and they will only accept invoices "facturas" for the purpose of accounting
If your the one "running" the business then why don't you just change that policy? I don't think it's a big issue if your "running" your own business.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:23 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Closed pending Moderator review

Folks were just going to take a break for a while. Back soon
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by spinrite
For the sake of an argument, what pisses you off, last I checked equipment was annoying, so was that building at their hub. I personally hate EK & EY, horrible corporations, but its people who make companies. So who or what pissed you off?

Post your grievance here, worst case someone from EK may actually get back to you. Or someone in the forum suggests a solution which would address your experience

Disclaimer : I do not work for any of the corporations listed above, nor am I affiliated with their subcontractors or media arms.
Don't bother replying... I doubt the OP will be back.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And maybe this thread should now be locked... as it's 4 years old, and seems to get re-activated every 6 months or so.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
This thread has run its course. Anyone with customer service challenges in the future is welcome to start a new thread for assistance.

yosithezet
Co-Moderator (in training), EK Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.