Community
Wiki Posts
Search

22 HOURS at dubai airport :(

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

22 HOURS at dubai airport :(

I'm travelling to Bangkok this Friday, but it turns out my transit time is 22 hours (I was stupid and forget to check the times). I already called emirates and because I have the cheapest fare, they are refusing to help me at all.

What are the best options considering I arrive at 1am? I'm on quite a low budget, and I feel like a hotel room would be pointless considering check out would be in the morning.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
It's 1 am local time, but 4 am in BKK and depending on where you're flying in from, probably well before midnight. You could get a hotel room to catch up on sleep, spend the day in Dubai, and then head to the airport the next evening for your onward flight.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by the_jbobby
I'm travelling to Bangkok this Friday, but it turns out my transit time is 22 hours (I was stupid and forget to check the times). I already called emirates and because I have the cheapest fare, they are refusing to help me at all.

What are the best options considering I arrive at 1am? I'm on quite a low budget, and I feel like a hotel room would be pointless considering check out would be in the morning.

hey nothing is stupid, S**t happens. Looks like you may not be getting a STPC.
reread your question and : crash in the terminal all flights to BKK tend to depart from gates 2xx. Aim for one of the empty areas around the time of your departure and snooze

The easy answer is camp out in the terminal, bring tent and sleeping bag

OR

Check here , to see if you get a visa on arrival ( so you can walk out of the airport ) http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...uirements.aspx

Step out of the terminal and ask for the shuttle to Ibis city center ( only works if you have a prior reservation at 1 AM ), booking online its usually no more than $50. If you are up for cheaper options,

Worst case take the complimentary bus to terminal one next door ( less than 400m ) and camp upstairs by the restaurants. Great airplane spotting

Last edited by spinrite; Jul 31, 2011 at 3:36 pm
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:22 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Worst case take the complimentary bus to terminal one next door ( less than 400m ) and camp upstairs by the restaurants. Great airplane spotting
You can go to T1 without having to walk out of the airport.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:41 pm

Thumbs up

my bad XLr, you meant walking within the sterile area
& apparently it is possible to walk from T3-departures to T1-Departures ; confirmed by someone who did that.

Last edited by spinrite; Jul 31, 2011 at 3:47 pm
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by the_jbobby
you may want to check with emirates for a low cost stopover package - some of the hotels allow for a 24 hour checkout so you dont have to check out in the morning and can catch up on sleep instead of checking out in the morning
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by manuc
you may want to check with emirates for a low cost stopover package.....
OP has stated he's already called Emirates and his trip does not qualify.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
OP has stated he's already called Emirates and his trip does not qualify.
Anyone can get the paid stopover package. Only the free hotel is subject to booking class.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Yeah....you only get a room from EK if your only option was a long connection time. If you don't want to go far there is a Holiday Inn Express and Premier Inn across the road from T3 that are pretty cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.