Wiki Posts
Search

First EK flights SIN DXB FRA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP Platinum
First EK flights SIN DXB FRA

I will be doing my first trip on EK next week, four flights on four separate days, SIN-DXB, DXB-FRA, FRA-DXB, DXB-SIN. SIN via 777-300 and FRA via A330-200, all in Y (oh boy.).

Any tips on what to watch out for, not to miss etc?

I am 1K with UA, will I be able to do anything with *G access to lounges?

They recommend checking in 3 hours ahead, is that for real?

How tightly do they control carryons and carryon weight (my computer landen backpack can run 20 to 28 lbs)?

Are the flights usually on time? Coming back to SIN I am probably going to do a 90 minute connection to the SIN - KUL flight.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Your status with UA does not tranfer to EK though if you are travelling business, there is a lounge at DXB (which is also available to Diners Club holders). They codshare only, not partner. Keep within the luggage limits or you may be done for excess.

Three hours can be standard if travelling economy. You are not travelling with sophisticated flyers as many African and sub continent passenegers are routing through DXB. If travelling business, 30 minutes is enough as it is a different terminal entrance and there is never anyone there..

Last edited by John Cogley; Feb 9, 2005 at 9:33 pm
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by yogi
I am 1K with UA, will I be able to do anything with *G access to lounges?

They recommend checking in 3 hours ahead, is that for real?

How tightly do they control carryons and carryon weight (my computer landen backpack can run 20 to 28 lbs)?

Are the flights usually on time? Coming back to SIN I am probably going to do a 90 minute connection to the SIN - KUL flight.
When travelling on EK, the *G access does not help you.

Most of all EK flights are full in economy, so it is a good idea to check in early.

The limit for carryons is 8 kg. Normaly I do not have problems in Germany or Dubai with my hand luggage, but in Melbourne they asked me to reduce my 9 kg hand luggage. Not sure about Singapore.

Usually the EK flights are on time. But who can say this for sure for an upcoming flight, everything unexpected can happen.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP Platinum
Thanks for the tips.

One more question, for the IFE is the headphone jack a single or dual plug?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.