Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

From USA to South Africa via Dubai???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Several articles write about flying to several places via Dubai. I was especially thinking if that would be a cost effective way to substantially increase ff miles for mileage run purposes? My starting points could be SFO, LAX, SAN or LAS.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Bear in mind that I think you can only get Q miles on EK's own FF scheme Skywards - for mileage plus for example, you just get the basic miles flown.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hey,

I wouldnt recommend US to South Africa via Dubai, because the aircraft used DXB-JNB has a very poor seat pitch (31") and the aircraft just isnt that nice.

However, if your doing it just for the miles, then fly J or F, as you get 50% and 100% bonus respectively, far better than Ive seen with any other FF program.

Hope this helps

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Jan 25, 2005 at 6:51 pm
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for very helpful clarifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.