Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Miles for Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates
Business Class Miles for Upgrade?

I have just noticed that on my flight itinerary from Emirates they have quoted me business class skyward miles for my upgraded economy flight. Do they always do this? I don't presume I actually get J class miles for an upgraded economy flight do I?
Old Aug 6, 2004, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by mpomfret
I have just noticed that on my flight itinerary from Emirates they have quoted me business class skyward miles for my upgraded economy flight. Do they always do this? I don't presume I actually get J class miles for an upgraded economy flight do I?
NO!

As I said in the other thread, it will show as a J booking on-line, but is not handled as such.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:10 am

YES!

I have upgraded two times with skywards miles from economy to business, and got both times the 25% business class skywards miles for this flights.
My wife was able to get silver, because this 25% put her over the 25 000 required miles.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by dusordua
YES!

I have upgraded two times with skywards miles from economy to business, and got both times the 25% business class skywards miles for this flights.
My wife was able to get silver, because this 25% put her over the 25 000 required miles.
Congrats! Must be the only airline in the world. No miles though for C/F awards.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm that I was only credited with Y class miles, this is very confusing one rule for one person and another rule for another!
Old Aug 26, 2004, 6:13 pm

I can confirm that I was only credited with Y class miles, this is very confusing one rule for one person and another rule for another!
Now I am confused too! We (my wife and myself) upgraded our flight from AKL to DXB from Y to J in February this year.
I never thought that we will get more than Y class miles, but:
Both we got 25% more mileage for the upgraded portion of our round trip.
The total mileage in econonmy for this round trip was around 23 500 miles. Because of the bonus of 25% from AKL to DXB we got over 25 000 miles, which brought my wife from a regular blue member to silver.

May be this was too good to be true and they changed the rules?
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:36 am
Original Poster

I called Emirates direct to find out about this. They told me that anyone who is credited with J class miles for a flight upgraded from Y class is VERY lucky, so well done!!!
Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:01 am

Most likely, the fare class was changed during the booking proces by a less competent agent. Did you change/edit your reservation? Such a change might also explain the exception to the rule.

Anyway, congrats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.