Search

Two upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Two upgrades

Hello all
I Booked a round trip fully flexible economy ticket. I have upgraded the return legs to business but now there is no option to upgrade the outbound leg to business with cash. Is there anyway to do this?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:37 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by zimstyles
Hello all
I Booked a round trip fully flexible economy ticket. I have upgraded the return legs to business but now there is no option to upgrade the outbound leg to business with cash. Is there anyway to do this?
Yes, that should be possible. If you don't see the option on the website or app, just call the call centre or use the chat function and they should be able to assist you. What you cannot do is use cash to upgrade a single leg of a multi leg trip (i..e you have JNB/DXB/JFK, you cant cash upgrade just JNB/DXB) but you can use miles that way (subject to availability of course). But you seem to want to upgrade JNB/DXB/JFK (or whatever) with cash and that is no problem.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, that should be possible. If you don't see the option on the website or app, just call the call centre or use the chat function and they should be able to assist you. What you cannot do is use cash to upgrade a single leg of a multi leg trip (i..e you have JNB/DXB/JFK, you cant cash upgrade just JNB/DXB) but you can use miles that way (subject to availability of course). But you seem to want to upgrade JNB/DXB/JFK (or whatever) with cash and that is no problem.
Thank you - coming from the other side where the custom is HUCA (hang up call again). Emirates is a breath of fresh air. I was able to have a conversation on the website about another issue so I will try and talk to them about the upgrade. You are right in the sense that I want to upgrade an entire direction so I hope I will come right.
thijsseh and IntrepidAfrican2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.