Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates technical error while upgrading to business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

my husband and I have separate Emirates skywards memberships and we booked both separately flight with economy flex plus fare.
We both transferred our Amex points to our own accounts so that we could upgrade our tickets to business with just 39000 miles.
the first days there was no upgrade availability but yesterday it was possible. So my husband managed to upgrade his ticket but when I tried I got a technical error and trying again didn’t work.
i called Emirates and explained the situation but they kept insisting there is not availability to upgrade at this moment. Still weird that my husband managed and I didn’t. We both have enough points, so that’s not the problem. Emirates didn’t have a clear explanation for this, they just told me to try again in the next days, which I will, but I’m curious if I’ll manage, otherwise I’ll try at the airport. The flight is in 8 weeks. Did someone else experience the same?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Simoon
Hello,

my husband and I have separate Emirates skywards memberships and we booked both separately flight with economy flex plus fare.
We both transferred our Amex points to our own accounts so that we could upgrade our tickets to business with just 39000 miles.
the first days there was no upgrade availability but yesterday it was possible. So my husband managed to upgrade his ticket but when I tried I got a technical error and trying again didn’t work.
i called Emirates and explained the situation but they kept insisting there is not availability to upgrade at this moment. Still weird that my husband managed and I didn’t. We both have enough points, so that’s not the problem. Emirates didn’t have a clear explanation for this, they just told me to try again in the next days, which I will, but I’m curious if I’ll manage, otherwise I’ll try at the airport. The flight is in 8 weeks. Did someone else experience the same?
Hello Simoon, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates forum.

The most likely explanation (especially in light of what the call centre agent told you) is that only one seat had been make available for upgrade and your husband took it.
DYKWIA, THR, irishguy28 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Simoon
Hello,

The standard terms and conditions of pretty much every airline state something along the lines of "upgrades are subject to availability and capacity-controlled." Not every flight is going to have 2 seats available for upgrades. Another poster commented that it's possible there was only 1 seat and your husband took it, or alternatively, I would argue that even if there were 2, perhaps someone else booked it before had a chance to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.