Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Aircraft Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by cpredo
Is there a list that's being updated with the status of this retrofit? I have a flight coming up on an A380 later this year and would love to find out in advance if the plane I'm on has been retrofitted.
See here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aJsL6h_SKCB04/
Old May 24, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Brostman
I found this post when I was searching to corroborate something I saw on an affiliated blog about EK.... in the blog, the blog author stated that beginning in 2024 that EK would have an exclusive right of all airlines to serve Dom Perignon.... which I took to understand they would be the only airline to serve DP beginning in 2024. Certainly, the other premier carriers have other top shelf champagne choices to serve, but is the blog author correct, or am I misunderstanding the exclusivity element?
LVMH x Emirates have a strong relationship, hence the Bulgari amenity kits, VC and DP champagnes (and Moet in the Lounges, of course)
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:36 am

quick question on retrofits

quick question after looking at the list i don't see Ek2 from LHR to DXB but they seem to offer PE when booking and when checking in flightera.net. I have a flight in Feb 2024 and wondering if the plane has been updated or any of the legs of flights I have , its lhr - dxb(ek2-A6-EVR) and then dxb to bkk (ek374-A6-EEI) and on the way back its (ek375-A6-EEI and Ek1-A6-EVC)am not looking specifically PE but I've seen that some retrofitted A380 with First and Business class have been updated. Just saw video on youtube from someone a few months ago flew from LHR EK3 to DXB and business class was updated.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 5:24 am

I can not understand what do you mean.
You have 4 flights in February 2024 and you already know the aircraft registrations??
At moment all A380 flights to LHR have PE, but not on EK29/30 and EK31/32
Here you can find many good informations:
Old Aug 18, 2023, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
I can not understand what do you mean.
You have 4 flights in February 2024 and you already know the aircraft registrations??
At moment all A380 flights to LHR have PE, but not on EK29/30 and EK31/32
Here you can find many good informations:
I was just looking at current and historical flights to see what they use on flightera but I don't think its accurate as I saw the LHR-DXB(EK2-A6-EVC) one which does have PE and retrofit but in site it doesnt mention PE just ECO/BUS/First seats, regardless since then ive learned it best to check on day of depature as planes may have the same flight number but regs can change at any given notice.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 5:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by djxmx
I was just looking at current and historical flights to see what they use on flightera but I don't think its accurate as I saw the LHR-DXB(EK2-A6-EVC) one which does have PE and retrofit but in site it doesnt mention PE just ECO/BUS/First seats, regardless since then ive learned it best to check on day of depature as planes may have the same flight number but regs can change at any given notice.
The link to the google docs spreadsheet is the most accurate description of the EK fleet, including the refit programme.
The frame used for each flight can change, even hours before departure from DXB. History has little to do with it. For an inbound (into DXB) flight it is best to look at the corresponding outward flight on Flightradar24 which will give you accurately the frame used.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
There seems no update of the list since August 1st but also when checking Flight Radar, not sure if any other plane has started the refit. Looks like they are facing delays with the refit and things will take longer than initially expected.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
There seems no update of the list since August 1st but also when checking Flight Radar, not sure if any other plane has started the refit. Looks like they are facing delays with the refit and things will take longer than initially expected.
EK has slowed down the retrofit program and it's really optimistic to expect that they will complete A380s by May 2024 and even more optimistic to think B777 retrofit program can start on time.

Reasons not known, could be supply chain issues affecting delivery of new seats, but hangar space and lack of manpower at EK Engineering are a real struggle nowadays. Maintenance of A380s is being outsourced to Airbus (TLS) and LH Technik (MNL), and B777s to Joramco (AMM) and Turkish Technic (ISL).

Previously they were retrofitting 2 A380s simultaneously, however they are only working on one at a time now. A6-EUE should be finished soon.
ZRHMD11 and cf1 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 5:17 am

Looks like the A380 refurbishment project is not moving on, any updates if any A380 after A6-EUE went into refit etc?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 5:47 am

Indeed....but I believe A6-EUH is being retrofitted right now.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
Indeed....but I believe A6-EUH is being retrofitted right now.
It looks like A6-EUJ and A6-EUL did not fly since 20.10 either, maybe these are also currently being retrofitted. Would make sense in case EK wants to keep to it's time plan.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:26 pm

After a delay during Sept/Oct, the A380 retrofit program is back in full swing.

EUH, EUJ and EUL have completed the retrofit. The former two have already returned to service and EUL will be joining shortly.

EUK is next.
chris63 and ZRHMD11 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.