Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service Changes in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Was on DXB-LAX a couple days ago on the new bar design (with tables). Basically they allow one table to be occupied by a group of max 2ish people while they have beverages or meals there... I had to wait quite a while for a table to open up - was pretty much only the last 2 hours of flight. The bar itself is closed but they keep your wines, etc nearby for refills and you can order anything that's on offer for your cabin.
Ok, so the bar is technically "in service" for cocktails along with space at the single table, but not 'open' for folks to stand around. Good to know.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by LesPaul30
Ok, so the bar is technically "in service" for cocktails along with space at the single table, but not 'open' for folks to stand around. Good to know.
Honestly had the bar been fully open I'd probably have avoided it! This felt far more comfortable given the Omicron situation.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: EK Silver
Any recent flyers able to provide an update on their experience?

I'll be flying DXB - LHR next month on the A380 so it would be good to at least be able to order a drink when I feel like one.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Mitglied
Any recent flyers able to provide an update on their experience?

I'll be flying DXB - LHR next month on the A380 so it would be good to at least be able to order a drink when I feel like one.
You can order a drink any time during the flight without ever having to leave your seat. Going to the bar runs the risk of bumping in to a drunken DYKWIA trying to flirt with the crew..!
Mitglied likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:26 am

Flew on the A380 from BOS to DXB on 1/21 and there was no pre-departure drink and the bar was closed. Granted, this A380 was a one-off in response in to the 5G cancellations from that week.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Originally Posted by waspypants
Flew on the A380 from BOS to DXB on 1/21 and there was no pre-departure drink and the bar was closed. Granted, this A380 was a one-off in response in to the 5G cancellations from that week.
This is basically inline with what I am seeing on the website under the current "services" section for in-flight COVID updates- the pre-departure drink and bar/lounge is "x'd" out for the current A380 flights.

Though, as Metanoia indicated they still may be allowing 'service' from the lounge/bar as well as a fairly limited seating arrangement- was this observed?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Will08
You can order a drink any time during the flight without ever having to leave your seat. Going to the bar runs the risk of bumping in to a drunken DYKWIA trying to flirt with the crew..!
haha, true
I thought ordering drinks from your seat in J was a little frowned upon by the crew though? Maybe times have changed because of the pandemic? I haven't flown in over two years.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

haha, true
I thought ordering drinks from your seat in J was a little frowned upon by the crew though? Maybe times have changed because of the pandemic? I haven't flown in over two years.
I've never had an issue ordering from my seat.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:20 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've never had an issue ordering from my seat.
Yes, agree. On the 77W the response to a drinks request is usually quicker than on a 380, but it is never a problem.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
haha, true
Obviously with EK having a vast amount of crew means a vast amount of experiences but generally speaking I have never had an issue ordering from my seat. If you get a good crew once you have ordered once they are normally proactive and check if you want another drink without you having to ask. Wouldn't do it during the food service though.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:53 pm

Nice one, thanks for all of your replies! I shall not be so shy to ask on my next flight
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
haha, true
curious where you heard that it was frowned upon...
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:54 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kq747
curious where you heard that it was frowned upon...
Probably the US. I’ve noticed that many are hesitant to use the call button on US carriers to order drinks etc because apparently FA’s don’t like it? Hasn’t stopped me though
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I always order drinks from my seat and only ever had one issue.

At the beginning of the flight I was thirsty and ordered apple juice and a Sprite with ice and received an aperol spritz.

I found it very funny and everytime the crew member passed my seat, he would stop and ask me if I wanted another drink.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Longton
I always order drinks from my seat and only ever had one issue.

At the beginning of the flight I was thirsty and ordered apple juice and a Sprite with ice and received an aperol spritz.

I found it very funny and everytime the crew member passed my seat, he would stop and ask me if I wanted another drink.
I think I've seen an Aperol Spritz bottle come back to the bar at least 2-3 times because someone wanted an "Apple Spritz" or "Apple Sprite"... lol. Before Covid i'd drink the Aperol so it wouldn't go to waste

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.