Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skywards + EasyJet + Finland?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Skywards + EasyJet + Finland?

Just come to try to use my Skywards points on an EasyJet flight for the first time.

Trying to book MAN -> RVN, but it doesn’t come up as an option in the Emirates/EasyJet portal.

Are only certain destinations available, or is this a glitch?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:01 pm

When are you trying to book for? It's currently only scheduled to run on Mondays and Thursdays from mid November for about 8 weeks.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

EZY1999 - 3rd Jan 2022

The flight exists on the EasyJet website.

In the portal, you enter destination first and date second. It is an auto-complete form, you type R...O...V... into the field and the only thing that comes up is Dubrovnik.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:14 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Would this not be something to do with the number of days out for booking? Some airlines operate at 355 days, others less.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:33 am
Original Poster

From playing around with the page, every other location I tried worked.

I was expecting an answer of “it only works where it is the nearest connection to an Emirates mainline route” or something like that, but I guess that’s not the case?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I have found an answer to my original question, will leave here in case it helps people in future.

The EasyJet flights are only loaded 6 months in advance into the Emirates system.

Also to help out others, just don’t bother - I have been doing dummy bookings. Around £2,500 of value of Skywards points spent with Emirates has around £300 of value spent with EasyJet
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
Also to help out others, just don’t bother - I have been doing dummy bookings. Around £2,500 of value of Skywards points spent with Emirates has around £300 of value spent with EasyJet
That surprises me. I remember checking it out when they first became available and the value was about the same as upgrading from Y-J on EK.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
I have found an answer to my original question, will leave here in case it helps people in future.

The EasyJet flights are only loaded 6 months in advance into the Emirates system.

how many skyward miles do you value at £2500?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.