Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates holiday booking terms (Covid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I was about to book a holiday for 8 people to Dubai in April but stopped when I realised that there is no consumer protection whatsoever in Emirates T&Cs. The booking process require you to tick a box confirming that travel is essential or within one of the UK governments permitted exemptions. I am astonished that Emirates is willing to loose out on prospective travel by being so restrictive In its terms, Leaves me with no option but to book with BA (rubbish plane, rubbish flight time) since their Book with Confidence policy provides reasonable protection. Is this really the case with Emirates or have missed something obvious?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I was about to book a holiday for 8 people to Dubai in April but stopped when I realised that there is no consumer protection whatsoever in Emirates T&Cs. The booking process require you to tick a box confirming that travel is essential or within one of the UK governments permitted exemptions. I am astonished that Emirates is willing to loose out on prospective travel by being so restrictive In its terms, Leaves me with no option but to book with BA (rubbish plane, rubbish flight time) since their Book with Confidence policy provides reasonable protection. Is this really the case with Emirates or have missed something obvious?
contact them - i’ll message you the contact
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Why would anyone be going on a group holiday in the middle of a worsening pandemic
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by john11111111111
Why would anyone be going on a group holiday in the middle of a worsening pandemic
We will all get infected at some point anyway, and besides it's no different from the flu if you stay in shape. Flying and travelling is great now - virtually no tourists anywhere!
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:47 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
We will all get infected at some point anyway, and besides it's no different from the flu if you stay in shape. Flying and travelling is great now - virtually no tourists anywhere!
I think the evidence has shown that it’s not the flu, something worse that does not discriminate, healthy lifestyle or not.

Anyway, let’s stay on topic about EK booking conditions during this pandemic. There are other forums to discuss the intricacies of Coronavirus.
​​
DYKWIA, larzy1977, m3red and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.