Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates holiday booking terms (Covid)

Emirates holiday booking terms (Covid)

Old Jan 10, 21, 4:33 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 435
Emirates holiday booking terms (Covid)

I was about to book a holiday for 8 people to Dubai in April but stopped when I realised that there is no consumer protection whatsoever in Emirates T&Cs. The booking process require you to tick a box confirming that travel is essential or within one of the UK governments permitted exemptions. I am astonished that Emirates is willing to loose out on prospective travel by being so restrictive In its terms, Leaves me with no option but to book with BA (rubbish plane, rubbish flight time) since their Book with Confidence policy provides reasonable protection. Is this really the case with Emirates or have missed something obvious?
Newly Wed is offline  
Old Jan 13, 21, 8:48 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,578
Originally Posted by Newly Wed View Post
I was about to book a holiday for 8 people to Dubai in April but stopped when I realised that there is no consumer protection whatsoever in Emirates T&Cs. The booking process require you to tick a box confirming that travel is essential or within one of the UK governments permitted exemptions. I am astonished that Emirates is willing to loose out on prospective travel by being so restrictive In its terms, Leaves me with no option but to book with BA (rubbish plane, rubbish flight time) since their Book with Confidence policy provides reasonable protection. Is this really the case with Emirates or have missed something obvious?
contact them - iíll message you the contact
m3red is offline  
Old Jan 14, 21, 2:09 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CGK
Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Posts: 350
Why would anyone be going on a group holiday in the middle of a worsening pandemic
argonath likes this.
john11111111111 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 21, 3:07 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by john11111111111 View Post
Why would anyone be going on a group holiday in the middle of a worsening pandemic
We will all get infected at some point anyway, and besides it's no different from the flu if you stay in shape. Flying and travelling is great now - virtually no tourists anywhere!
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 14, 21, 7:47 am
  #5  
Moderator, Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Posts: 3,091
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
We will all get infected at some point anyway, and besides it's no different from the flu if you stay in shape. Flying and travelling is great now - virtually no tourists anywhere!
I think the evidence has shown that itís not the flu, something worse that does not discriminate, healthy lifestyle or not.

Anyway, letís stay on topic about EK booking conditions during this pandemic. There are other forums to discuss the intricacies of Coronavirus.
​​
DYKWIA, larzy1977, m3red and 3 others like this.
Saltire74 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: