Wiki Posts
Search

DXB-MLE - what is a good fare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
DXB-MLE - what is a good fare

Hi, first post here so thanks in advance for advice.

I am looking to buy a DXB-MLE return for late Dec 2021 probably out 22nd Dec back 30th Dec. Any advice on what I would be looking at for Economy return at that time of the year/what is the lowest price I could expect and when is a good time to purchase - as soon as flights come out or 6 months out? Do they have sale fares?

Second element is that my routing will be DXB-MLE and on the return looking to go MLE-DXB-TLV. Best to buy that as one ticket or buy the DXB-TLV ticket one way?

Thanks

Waggy
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I undersrand your trip does not begin in TLV only ends there?

I would look into a roundrip DXB-MLE ticket or 1 way, what ever is cheaper. Should you book roundtrip book the return leg for some date in the future and cancel it once you used the outbound portion.

Thereafter I would book a seperate MLE-TLV ticket, again either rountrip or one way. Again, should you book roundtrip book the return leg for some date in the future and cancel it once you used the outbound portion.

I would wait with buying such tickets for a few months until situation will be more clear and also the flight schedules of EK will be known to TLV if and when they do plan to fly there at some point in 2021 otherwise it would be in codeshare with FlyDubai.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by LXA350
I undersrand your trip does not begin in TLV only ends there?

I would look into a roundrip DXB-MLE ticket or 1 way, what ever is cheaper. Should you book roundtrip book the return leg for some date in the future and cancel it once you used the outbound portion.

Thereafter I would book a seperate MLE-TLV ticket, again either rountrip or one way. Again, should you book roundtrip book the return leg for some date in the future and cancel it once you used the outbound portion.

I would wait with buying such tickets for a few months until situation will be more clear and also the flight schedules of EK will be known to TLV if and when they do plan to fly there at some point in 2021 otherwise it would be in codeshare with FlyDubai.
Thanks. That is right I am flying LHR-DXB and TLV- LHR on a separate ticket so need to book DXB-MLE-DXB-TLV separately.

Are you saying if I book return tickets instead of singles then after flying the outbound leg I can cancel the return leg and get a refund for the non- flown return leg? I’ve not flown Emirates for 15 years so sorry I am not familiar with its fare rules. Am I right that if I book before end of April 21 tickets are refundable in any event under the COVID flexibility rules?

In any event it sounds like waiting until March/April is sensible both from a pricing point of view but also to see the different options for the DXB - TLV leg.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I am not sure if you can get a refund of the portion / the Airport taxes back. In most cases you should get the airport taxes back if I am not mistaken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.