Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK will launched DXB-TLV probably in January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Let me translate into English.

First publication: Emirates of the Emirates has received final approval for Ben Gurion Airport, and will start operating in Israel in January. It is one of the three companies operating in the Emirates and the fourth largest in the world.
EK has received final approval for Ben Gurion Airport.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:02 am

Catering will also be adjusted
https://gulfnews.com/business/aviati....1600331193494
N830MH likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
https://twitter.com/kann_news/status...50507914354689

Let me translate into English.

EK has received final approval for Ben Gurion Airport.
Awesome. No more El Al for me then.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican
Awesome. No more El Al for me then.
That's right! No more El Al! YAY!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:35 pm

I would assume in pre-COVID times they could easily fill a daily A380. now I imagine 77W most likely with occasional A380s (I'm sure first flight will be A380).

I wonder if GF will start TLV. Bahrain does have Jewish history (not that that warrants flight service).
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deltatrav
I would assume in pre-COVID times they could easily fill a daily A380. now I imagine 77W most likely with occasional A380s (I'm sure first flight will be A380).

I wonder if GF will start TLV. Bahrain does have Jewish history (not that that warrants flight service).
I don't think they allow A380 into TLV. Only 77W aircraft. They don't have double dual jetbridge for an A380. Not yet.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
I don't think they allow A380 into TLV. Only 77W aircraft. They don't have double dual jetbridge for an A380. Not yet.
In fairness, MCO doesn’t either and that inaugural was served by an A380.

With that said, I don’t see that being the regular equipment, at least not for a bit.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
In fairness, MCO doesn’t either and that inaugural was served by an A380.

With that said, I don’t see that being the regular equipment, at least not for a bit.
Right and they did send one-off A380 to MCO before. It was during inaugural flight. Only for first inaugural flight from DXB-MCO during early morning and turnaround back to Dubai. It was right before European flights coming in. They don't want stuck at immigration during afternoon rush.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Following with interest. I have plans this July to make several stops in Africa (JFK->EBB->JNB->LUN) and then depart LUN->DXB->TLV

Particularly following COVID test requirements because obviously going to be impossible to take COVID test in South Luangua Natl Park!

July 2021, though, is a long-way away in virus terms
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Once we get back to Pre COVID levels I can see EK serve TLV easily 2-3 times a day in line with the departure waves in DXB to India, Asia, Australasia and Africa. About caterng we don't need to worry, for such short legs it wll be catered from DXB as the Catering optons in TLV are one of the worst out there.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
Once we get back to Pre COVID levels I can see EK serve TLV easily 2-3 times a day in line with the departure waves in DXB to India, Asia, Australasia and Africa. About caterng we don't need to worry, for such short legs it wll be catered from DXB as the Catering optons in TLV are one of the worst out there.
With only current widebody fleet, I see that as being a bit too ambitious. Israelis favourite foreign airline is TK who are fairly well entrenched in Israel so EK will have an uphill struggle to pull in pax on their conflicting popular destinations.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
I think loyalty to TK will depend upon EK's pricing. TK is very aggressive in its TLV pricing, which is why it is I believe the second largest carrier into TLV.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by nsoltz
I think loyalty to TK will depend upon EK's pricing. TK is very aggressive in its TLV pricing, which is why it is I believe the second largest carrier into TLV.
TK have the advantage in that as far as the Israel market is confirmed, that they conveniently fly to Europe with an incredible destination list and schedule, also to North America. EK can't expect to draw many pax into/out of TLV on those routes.
TLV will be a more used destination if Israel allows in travellers to/from West Bank and Gaza. EK can also pull in considerable pilgrim traffic too from India, Indonesia, Africa
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Sadly but unsurprisingly, flights to Israel delayed because of covid:

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1748281/middle-east
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by nsoltz
if EK will compete with TK on pricing level I can see them gain very quickly lot's of markets share to the East. Hence TK will still keep a key position as there is no point for EK to compete on routes to Europe and North and South America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.