Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Is there actually something like being’waitlisted’ for an award ticket? I have never seen that, but then I have never tried it either. I have used the auto-upgrade as well as the notification options for upgrades but that is something different.
I'd never heard of it either, which is why this is so foreign to me. If they can't tell me which flight I'm on until a day or 2 before travel, that will screw up all of my travel plans. Hopefully, I'll find out sooner than later.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I know a few people have really struggled to to get confirmed upgrades / awards, even when the F cabin is more or less empty. The upgrades end up clearing at boarding time, so you even end up missing out on the F lounge
Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I know a few people have really struggled to to get confirmed upgrades / awards, even when the F cabin is more or less empty. The upgrades end up clearing at boarding time, so you even end up missing out on the F lounge
Which is exactly why I don’t use my miles for award tickets but for upgrades. I buy J and if I’m lucky I get the upgrade a few days before departure. If it does not come through, no big drama. If it does, then great!
Paid F recently has become too expensive on my routes, especially as there never seem to be F savers available anymore. . Can’t justify it. And Lakrids are available on Amazon.....
BadoRas likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Which is exactly why I don’t use my miles for award tickets but for upgrades. I buy J and if I’m lucky I get the upgrade a few days before departure. If it does not come through, no big drama. If it does, then great!
Paid F recently has become too expensive on my routes, especially as there never seem to be F savers available anymore. . Can’t justify it. And Lakrids are available on Amazon.....
You can always get creative with the book with confidence policy if your POS doesn't offer A anymore
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:50 am

Well, this isn't an upgrade from one class to another. This is already having a confirmed award ticket in first-class but wanting to change to a different flight on a different date. Surely, the airline won't wait until the day of travel to confirm this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by dajay
Well, this isn't an upgrade from one class to another. This is already having a confirmed award ticket in first-class but wanting to change to a different flight on a different date. Surely, the airline won't wait until the day of travel to confirm this.
They'll wait as long as they possibly think they can sell the seats.

You don't say where the flight is from/to, but with things as they are, Emirates are cancelling some services and thus, may need to consolidate 2 or more flights.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:39 am

They'll wait as long as they possibly think they can sell the seats.

You don't say where the flight is from/to, but with things as they are, Emirates are cancelling some services and thus, may need to consolidate 2 or more flights.
The flight is JFK to DXB on the new 777.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:25 pm
Suspended

The flight is JFK to DXB on the new 777.
they will definitely wait until the last moment (hours before if not check in close) to get that seat released
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
they will definitely wait until the last moment (hours before if not check in close) to get that seat released
Wow! That would be crazy if it ends up happening mere hours before the flight. Has this personally happened to you before?

With only 2 out of 6 FC seats sold, I may just take the risk and change my hotels and travel plans to accommodate the new date -- then just hope for the best. That may be better than getting a last-minute notification then scrambling to change everything as I'm racing to the airport.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Wow! That would be crazy if it ends up happening mere hours before the flight. Has this personally happened to you before?

With only 2 out of 6 FC seats sold, I may just take the risk and change my hotels and travel plans to accommodate the new date -- then just hope for the best. That may be better than getting a last-minute notification then scrambling to change everything as I'm racing to the airport.
By definition, unless the analyst forgets, these flights are hard coded not to have any seats for awards. They have to manually remove this for seats to become available; even if forecast drops it doesnt do anything as this is an inventory overrule. Before it enters the departure control system, you're out of luck.

The seat map doesn't tell much - if you dm me the date(s) you're after I will let you know.

Best advice is to get a hotel with flexible booking policy.

And yes, this has happened to me more than once even though it was very obvious the flight would go light!

Last edited by iFlyMoreThanYou; Jan 25, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Old Jan 26, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
By definition, unless the analyst forgets, these flights are hard coded not to have any seats for awards. They have to manually remove this for seats to become available; even if forecast drops it doesnt do anything as this is an inventory overrule. Before it enters the departure control system, you're out of luck.

The seat map doesn't tell much - if you dm me the date(s) you're after I will let you know.

Best advice is to get a hotel with flexible booking policy.

And yes, this has happened to me more than once even though it was very obvious the flight would go light!
Which definition?
m3red and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:53 pm

Random question, if emirates offers an upgrade through both miles and cash is the flight full? I have never had either and I got both when I went to check into today.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nellieollie
Random question, if emirates offers an upgrade through both miles and cash is the flight full? I have never had either and I got both when I went to check into today.
No its not, its being offered on most flights now (extra money during covid)
Old Jan 26, 2021, 9:40 pm

Hello,

Looking at booking 2 reward tickets in first-class suites from SFO to the Maldives, however, in reading posts, might be less to fly to Sri Lanka. The miles would be a transfer from membership points into Emirates. Working now for the summer of 2022 in order to make the two of us have enough points. Any suggestions on points, flight routes, reward tickets, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by rzamora
Looking at booking 2 reward tickets in first-class suites from SFO to the Maldives, however, in reading posts, might be less to fly to Sri Lanka.
The miles required for MLE and COL should be the same. You can check using the mileage calculator on the EK website.

https://www.emirates.com/account/eng...alculator.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.