Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Qantas FF & Qatar Privilege Club
I've just booked PER-DXB-VCE reward seats, with Perth to Dubai on the A380 in First Class and Dubai to Venice on the Boeing 777-300ER in Business, as First reward seats are not available.

Do I get access to the Emirates First Class lounge while in transit in Dubai? Is there a published policy for coming off a long flight in First and connecting to a shorter flight in Business?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by bl5965
I've just booked PER-DXB-VCE reward seats, with Perth to Dubai on the A380 in First Class and Dubai to Venice on the Boeing 777-300ER in Business, as First reward seats are not available.

Do I get access to the Emirates First Class lounge while in transit in Dubai? Is there a published policy for coming off a long flight in First and connecting to a shorter flight in Business?
You may get access if the fare class was F all the way (even though you are in J on the VCE leg). But most likely, it will be a J fare class which means you'll only get J lounge access.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
When there is no F (i.e. a 2 class frame) and you are (as mentioned) on an F based fare, you should get access to the F lounge. But if you are in J because there was no F (award) availability, you normally would not have access. The class of service of the OUTgoing flight is what counts, not the INcoming flight (however lon it may have been).
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:01 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Firstly, your points and taxes should have been returned to you if a flight was cancelled (unless you opted for a voucher). However, I think you need to initiate that yourself, so that should be your first step.

EK and most (all?) other airlines limit the amount of award seats that are available. Unlike BA, EK don't publicise or guarantee how many awards seats are made available. So, it could be that they just aren't releasing award seats around that time as they think they'll sell the seats.

I'm currently waiting for some F availability to open up so I can upgrade to J seats that I've got. F is pretty much empty at the moment...
Question on 'waiting for F availability': I have a booking for 2 passengers in J. Would like to use miles to upgrade. Have set the 'alert', but I presume this will only trigger when there are 2 upgrades available. How do I get alerted when there is one upgrade available? Normally I would have used EF, but alas..... Idea is to take one if it becomes available and hope for a second one (even at check in or on board). And mrs t has graciously offered for me to take the one if only one becomes available. Any ideas on how to do this? (flight is 4 weeks out, currently 1/8 seats reserved on a 77W)
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Question on 'waiting for F availability': I have a booking for 2 passengers in J. Would like to use miles to upgrade. Have set the 'alert', but I presume this will only trigger when there are 2 upgrades available. How do I get alerted when there is one upgrade available? Normally I would have used EF, but alas..... Idea is to take one if it becomes available and hope for a second one (even at check in or on board). And mrs t has graciously offered for me to take the one if only one becomes available. Any ideas on how to do this? (flight is 4 weeks out, currently 1/8 seats reserved on a 77W)
split the booking.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just tried booking some very expensive tickets for an upcoming trip. Then I realized, I don't have a single card with a high enough credit limit.
Emirates does not seem to allow split payments.
I don't want to do direct debit, as I'll loose cash back from using cards.

If I make two separate bookings, will Emirates merge the PNRs to a single one if I ask?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:13 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Theicom
Just tried booking some very expensive tickets for an upcoming trip. Then I realized, I don't have a single card with a high enough credit limit.
Emirates does not seem to allow split payments.
I don't want to do direct debit, as I'll loose cash back from using cards.

If I make two separate bookings, will Emirates merge the PNRs to a single one if I ask?
Never tried this, but as long as the itineraries are exactly the same, I think they might. I have done the reverse (split the bookings) a few times.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by m3red
split the booking.
Yes, I thought that would be the only way. Its a TA booking (to get a CC linked discount on the base fare) so its a bit of a faff. And the downside is that if there is an op-up chance, one of us may well miss out. Mrs t is currently Gold and I am currently silver and last your I twice piggybacked on her status to get op-upped. She is known as the queen of op-ups .
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:49 am

Firstly, your points and taxes should have been returned to you if a flight was cancelled (unless you opted for a voucher). However, I think you need to initiate that yourself, so that should be your first step.

EK and most (all?) other airlines limit the amount of award seats that are available. Unlike BA, EK don't publicise or guarantee how many awards seats are made available. So, it could be that they just aren't releasing award seats around that time as they think they'll sell the seats.

I'm currently waiting for some F availability to open up so I can upgrade to J seats that I've got. F is pretty much empty at the moment...
I opted for a voucher. Theres plenty of Economy available also. If I book with that will I be able to upgrade to business and first if and when they become available? Just so we can secure the booking at this point.

A side point, Im presuming if they dont shift their business and first seats for cash that theyll come available for rewards, is there anyway to find out about this availability coming online bearing in mind EF doesnt work for this at the minute.

thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Dadgey
I opted for a voucher. Theres plenty of Economy available also. If I book with that will I be able to upgrade to business and first if and when they become available? Just so we can secure the booking at this point.

A side point, Im presuming if they dont shift their business and first seats for cash that theyll come available for rewards, is there anyway to find out about this availability coming online bearing in mind EF doesnt work for this at the minute.

thanks!
You can set an alert for that on Manage My Booking (look under 'upgrade with miles'). If you have more than one passenger on the booking, you'll only get notified if there ia availability for all passengers on that booking. You can set this alert separately for each sector.
That will work until 72 hours before the flight.
After that, you can ask for availability at check in and (assuming you have silver status (or above of course), they will give you 'space available' upgrades on board (for the same amount of miles as it would usually have cost).
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:27 am

I opted for a voucher. There’s plenty of Economy available also. If I book with that will I be able to upgrade to business and first if and when they become available? Just so we can secure the booking at this point.

A side point, I’m presuming if they don’t shift their business and first seats for cash that they’ll come available for rewards, is there anyway to find out about this availability coming online bearing in mind EF doesn’t work for this at the minute.

thanks!
If booking Economy, make sure you book a Flex or Flex Plus fare, as savers cannot be upgraded. Saying that, even a MAN-DXB Flex upgrade is around 60k points IIRC, so not good value.

For checking awards, you can do a Classic Reward search on the Emirates site. That will show you where there is award availability.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:09 am

If booking Economy, make sure you book a Flex or Flex Plus fare, as savers cannot be upgraded. Saying that, even a MAN-DXB Flex upgrade is around 60k points IIRC, so not good value.

For checking awards, you can do a Classic Reward search on the Emirates site. That will show you where there is award availability.
I used the Emirates tool to check availability and theres nothing. However EF shows plenty of availability via seatguru. I dont know whether to book economy and then upgrade or just wait to see if more rewards availability is released. Im currently manually doing a search everyday to check availability.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:06 am

I used the Emirates tool to check availability and theres nothing. However EF shows plenty of availability via seatguru. I dont know whether to book economy and then upgrade or just wait to see if more rewards availability is released. Im currently manually doing a search everyday to check availability.
Don't rely on Expert Flyer for EK awards. It doesn't work.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Don't rely on Expert Flyer for EK awards. It doesn't work.
If you try now, it even says in red with yellow highlighting that it does not work and that their service provider is working on it. Don't hold your breath though, as this has been going on for a long time. Just really really hope it will be resolved sooner than later!
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
Quick question - my company insist on booking all travel through their agent and I can't make changes on EK. I will be travelling LAX-DXB-RUH in J arriving Thurs PM and leaving Friday PM. I want to increase the layover in DXB to leave Saturday PM instead. Agent says he can't get the fare even though I can see it on EKs site. I know I can't change until check in / travel starts? Will I be able to change online through EK call centre? Im Gold but have never had to use an agent before (new company policy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.