Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates baggage interline to Qantas on different PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates baggage interline to Qantas on different PNR?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VolandoMe
You are indeed incorrect. I'm an AU citizen attempting to return home without paying the $10K+ asking price of a ticket direct to Sydney. Nothing more underhand than that.
As above you will not be allowed to transfer. The NZ-AU agreement is designed for NZ people:- not as a transit/transfer to bypass other restrictions
Best hope will be to get on 1 ticket. Travel Agent?
Have read that about 20 airlines are flying into Australia. And not only Sydney. Look at other cities, but are some interstate travel restrictions

Au Government--> Joint Statement – Safe travel zone with New Zealand
<snip>
Passengers from New Zealand will be able to travel to Australia, quarantine-free, from Friday, 16 October, provided they have not been in an area designated as a COVID-19 hotspot in New Zealand in the preceding 14 days.As has been announced already, the Australian Government is defining a hotspot using a three-day rolling average of three locally acquired cases per day.

There are currently no COVID-19 hotspots in New Zealand. The last locally acquired case with an unidentified epidemiological source occurred on 21 August 2020. We are working closely with New Zealand authorities to ensure we are notified promptly of any outbreaks there.
<snip>
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
You are indeed incorrect. I'm an AU citizen attempting to return home without paying the $10K+ asking price of a ticket direct to Sydney. Nothing more underhand than that.
Ok, that’s fair enough.

Is a flight to PER or BNE or ADL possible or are they just as expensive?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:56 pm

Flying in economy would take a chunk off the price.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
No go via AKL I'm afraid...

Code:
DOQF146/16OCT                                                                   
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              QF 146    8 FR 16OCT20                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
AKL          1615  FR JCDIYBHKMLV/D       73H         3:40                      
                      SNQOXE/D                                                  
SYD 1755  FR                                                3:40                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.ENTIRE FLT- C/ LOCAL AND DOMESTIC CONNECTING TRAFFIC ONLY
 2.AKL SYD   - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                                               
 3.AKL SYD   - DEPARTS TERMINAL I                                               
 4.AKL SYD   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1                                               
 5.AKL SYD   -   1/ MOVIE                                                       
 6.AKL SYD   -   4/ AUDIO PROGRAMMING                                           
 7.AKL SYD   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                                 
 8.AKL SYD   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
 9.AKL SYD   - ADV PAX WWW.SMARTRAVELLER.GOV.AU                                 
10.AKL SYD   -  CO2/PAX* 150.90 KG ECO, 150.90 KG PRE                           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
Even if you manage to do it, when you through-check from another carrier to QF, QF will see that you are inbound from another carrier in their system. It will show "Service from DXB" on their departure control system.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Flying in economy would take a chunk off the price.
Perhaps you are unaware of what is going on inbound to Australia but because of the heavily restricted numbers per flight (30 pax per flight and sometimes only several hundred inbound per day), airlines are charging like wounded bulls for inbound tickets to Australia.

In many instances, Y tickets are just not available.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that madrooster . Yep looks like this plan isn't gonna happen.

Back to square one hey!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
Perhaps you are unaware of what is going on inbound to Australia but because of the heavily restricted numbers per flight (30 pax per flight and sometimes only several hundred inbound per day), airlines are charging like wounded bulls for inbound tickets to Australia.

In many instances, Y tickets are just not available.
Perfectly aware thanks, and even if the airlines are charging what they can get away with, my statement is still correct. I checked some random dates in Economy Class and found availability and prices well below the $10K AUD quoted by the OP (c $2.1K AUD) albeit with a long stopover requiring a hotel room to add to the cost.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:29 am
Original Poster

ft101 Care to share some of the relatively cheap BCN SYD flights you've found?

Obviously when I talk about $10K flights I'm referring to flights during October whilst the passenger caps remain in force (your comment indicates you're aware of this).
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Assuming that you can enter NZ, would it be cheaper to fly to NZ, undergo quarantine in NZ and then continue onwards to AU rather than heading to AU and quarantining there?

There aren't that many benefits of being secured in a hotel in one country rather than the other
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Assuming that you can enter NZ, would it be cheaper to fly to NZ, undergo quarantine in NZ and then continue onwards to AU rather than heading to AU and quarantining there?

There aren't that many benefits of being secured in a hotel in one country rather than the other
Unless you are an NZ citizen or permanent resident you can't enter NZ for a 14 day quarantine.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Perfectly aware thanks, and even if the airlines are charging what they can get away with, my statement is still correct. I checked some random dates in Economy Class and found availability and prices well below the $10K AUD quoted by the OP (c $2.1K AUD) albeit with a long stopover requiring a hotel room to add to the cost.
Yes only to be cancelled at late notice and deferred and deferred because you are flying Y.

Availability and boarding and carriage is another.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SqKiwi
Unless you are an NZ citizen or permanent resident you can't enter NZ for a 14 day quarantine.
Australians are allowed to enter permanently - looking ar timatic , it indicates that Australians are allowed to enter NZ

Originally Posted by timatic
Document Validity:
Passports and other documents accepted for entry issued to nationals of Australia must be valid on arrival.
compare with a spanish passport where it states

Originally Posted by timatic
Admission and Transit Restrictions:
Passengers are not allowed to enter.
This does not apply to the immediate family members of nationals of New Zealand.
This does not apply to passengers with a permanent resident visa and their immediate family members.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SqKiwi
Correct
NZ Gov web site
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...and-exceptions
Only a small number of people can travel to New Zealand, such as New Zealand citizens and people with a critical purpose to travel. You may need to request to travel first.
Who can come to New Zealand without requesting to travel
You can come here without first requesting to travel if you are:
  • a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
  • a resident with valid travel conditions, unless you got a resident visa outside New Zealand and you have never used it to travel here
  • a partner or dependent child of a New Zealand citizen or resident, and your visa is based on this relationship
  • a diplomat who holds a post in New Zealand.
Other travel must be for a critical purpose
Anyone else coming to New Zealand must be coming for a critical purpose and they must request approval from us first. Travel must be for a reason that we think is critical and is on our critical purpose list.
<snip>
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Biggest problem with the syd flight in economy is finding availability in any rbd - allocated capacity was 6 (!) Today
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:38 pm

ft101 Care to share some of the relatively cheap BCN SYD flights you've found?

Obviously when I talk about $10K flights I'm referring to flights during October whilst the passenger caps remain in force (your comment indicates you're aware of this).
Lufthansa and JAL through FRA, LHR and HND. Short transits and if you do your due diligence you'll see the JAL flight to SYD is not running every day but consistently enough that you're not at risk of cancellation as inferred above if you choose wisely. Transit in Germany, UK and Japan should be permitted. Found on Skyscanner although when I repeat yesterdays search the price is up somewhat but still less than half what you mention.

Cheaper still and probably more direct would be via DOH and CGK, but changing airlines in Indonesia might be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.