Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates travel voucher and name change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Booked a ticket late Jan for a family member to fly Australia to Europe mid March. Flight was cancelled due to covid.

It seems refunds will be very much delayed. Can I convert it to a travel voucher for myself - that would involve a name change - since I'll likely need to use some portion of it prior to emirates commencing refunds?

Last edited by mattspod; Jul 21, 2020 at 10:26 pm
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Have you already applied for a refund?

From what I've read, refunds are getting quicker, so hopefully it won't be too long before yours arrives.

To answer your specific question :-

- Travel vouchers are transferable and their total value can be used for self, family and friends.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
- Travel vouchers are transferable and their total value can be used for self, family and friends.
Really, are you sure about that? That would be nice!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Really, are you sure about that? That would be nice!
Sorry, I forgot to copy the link :-

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ates-vouchers/

I've just noticed this is from the UK website, so maybe there are differences in other markets?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:13 am

I think it's the same in other markets. This COVID-related page and FAQs confirm that:
https://www.emirates.com/nl/english/...p-your-ticket/
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:53 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Sorry, I forgot to copy the link :-

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ates-vouchers/

I've just noticed this is from the UK website, so maybe there are differences in other markets?
Originally Posted by maxvor
I think it's the same in other markets. This COVID-related page and FAQs confirm that:
https://www.emirates.com/nl/english/...p-your-ticket/

Perfect, thank you!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Just found out to complicate stuff the flight is booked via trip.com grr . I could easily use it in April next year for a multicity trip back from Europe to Asia, however I can let it sit and refund i guess, do you think with an agent involve the refund will be quicker or take the trip voucher?
--
Regarding your request, for your order 1232xxxxxxxx3, please be advised that we have submitted refund application for you on 21th of May. I fully understand you would like a quick update. But the truth is we are still waiting for the confirmation of refund from airline, and airline companies are receiving a high number of requests about refund and change. There are two more steps for us to process even if airlines themselves cancel flights successfully due to an imposed governmental travel restriction. Please kindly bear with us and we appreciate your patience during this pandemic period. We will do our best to process your request as soon as possible. Apologies again for all the inconvenience caused.
--

Another two steps??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.