Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Reduced tier miles ahead for flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS

I was fantasising about being able to take a flight to one of my African destinations, and started doing some dummy bookings to see price and availability.

The good news is that return F fares between Melbourne and Entebbe are more than AUD 2,000 cheaper than pre-COVID-19.

However, I used 2 periods to compare. One was 9 to 28 November, the other was 16 February to 12 March.

The fare was the same, but between November and February, the number of tier miles for the same flights had reduced by 12,500.

In November, I would receive 55,000 tier miles, but in February, it would be 42,500.

I think everyone should do the same enquiry for flights from maybe 1 January onwards to check if this is a consistent reduction across all destinations.

Let's see your findings here!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:32 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Tier miles seems to be the same in Jan 2021 for DXB to Western Europe and North America across Y/J/F but F Savers were not available so can't confirm for that fare class.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Did you check both dates on the same device? I noticed some bugs on the mobile version.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Did you check both dates on the same device? I noticed some bugs on the mobile version.
Yeah I did, on the desktop (Win 10).
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:42 pm

I now see the lower number (42,500) miles for both sets of dates in the OP.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Ooh, that's grim. Looks like they are changing them sooner. MEL-EBB return has always been 55K, so this is a definite reduction. I wonder if it's across the board?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Ooh, that's grim. Looks like they are changing them sooner. MEL-EBB return has always been 55K, so this is a definite reduction. I wonder if it's across the board?
Mileage calculator indeed shows 42500 for MEL/EBB return in F.
For my ‘commute’ CPT/LGW in J it appears to be unchanged.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Good catch Badoras, I see it too, now.

For my flights (Y flex/flex plus) the earnings have remained the same (so far?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.