Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Stuck in Dubai airport airside....for a friend...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck in Dubai airport airside....for a friend...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Is he still there? Looks like HKG flights are suspended indefinitely.

It could get very expensive if he's still at the DIH.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Is he still there? Looks like HKG flights are suspended indefinitely.

It could get very expensive if he's still at the DIH.
The booking engine on the EK website accepts bookings (DXB/HKG) from 26/7. That of course does not prove anything apart from that it's unlikely that there will be any flights before then.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:10 pm

Frustrating, but not the time to be travelling on separate tickets really.....
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Last night he told me EK was flying him to HKG via Seoul. They seem to have arrange everything. Let's hope he doesn't get stuck in Seoul this time. At least they decided to move once it become obvious he would be stuck there for more than a week...good move from EK...and let's hope he can make it to HK before they start to extend the quarantine time required.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
Last night he told me EK was flying him to HKG via Seoul. They seem to have arrange everything. Let's hope he doesn't get stuck in Seoul this time. At least they decided to move once it become obvious he would be stuck there for more than a week...good move from EK...and let's hope he can make it to HK before they start to extend the quarantine time required.
Are they helping further with a hotel or simply helping him reroute, nice of them to do so but I guess they know he can't go back and so is stuck in limbo. Good move. Wish your friend the best for returning home
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
After 8 days....he made it from Seychelles to HKG! He is now awaiting for his test result. EK didn't covered any of the related food and accommodation charges. I guess by re-routing him via Seoul, they took admission that they should bring him to his final destination. Told him to file a friendly claim with all his expenses now that he is back. Let see what they could come back for him. At least, they brought him home, well done for that Emirates!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.