Search

PCR test at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:27 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
What's the story on the health insurance (on arrival) at DXB?
You will need to have valid health insurance or demonstrate/declare that you have the means to cover any medical outlays that you may incur. I don't think they are being strict about it though as anybody can "declare" they can afford it, but you are definitely not getting govt support and the bills will rack up.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc
Where do I find this information?
for example LAX to DXB connecting through Europe
It was mentioned yesterday in the resumption of operations thread. Here's the link given to the EK notice:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...-updates/#3527
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ft101
It was mentioned yesterday in the resumption of operations thread. Here's the link given to the EK notice:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...-updates/#3527
Thanks for the information.
My understanding is that this is an Emirates Airline policy.

So if I were to take Lufthansa from LAX to DBX I only need to take a free PCR test at the Airport on arrival.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:42 pm

Thanks for the information.
My understanding is that this is an Emirates Airline policy.

So if I were to take Lufthansa from LAX to DBX I only need to take a free PCR test at the Airport on arrival.
Yes, that's Emirates specific, but UAE has issued rules too. My reading of Timatic data is if you arrive with a negative test result and medical insurance you're free to go. If not, you will be given a PCR Test and quarantined for two weeks. Have a read of UAE requirements as published by Timatic by selecting UAE on the map here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

However, Emirates general advice for non-residents arriving in Dubai seems not so strict as it mentions self isolation until negative test results are received, or longer if a positive test. What will actually happen we probably won't know until someone tries it and reports back. Emirates general arrival info is here:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ling-to-dubai/
Old Jul 10, 2020, 6:03 pm

just have one in dxb, need to wait for 48 hours for the result, the price is foc. now waiting in hotel in dubai for the result.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sealsgod
just have one in dxb, need to wait for 48 hours for the result, the price is foc. now waiting in hotel in dubai for the result.
Yes, this was my understanding.
take the test on arrival @ DXB and stay in your house/hotel until your notified of negative test results usually 48 hours. Timatic indicates you are subject to 14 days quarantine if you dont fly with a PCR certificate but that defeats the purpose of opening up for tourism

Are the making visitors still download and register that App.
My understanding is that you needed a UAE phone number to register so that would seem to indicate you need to pick up a 30 day tourist SIM or perhaps the SIM is given free for the purpose of the health App.

I appreciate all of the information and promise to provide a full review of our experience if/when we go in the next week or so.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:27 am

Yes, this was my understanding.
take the test on arrival @ DXB and stay in your house/hotel until your notified of negative test results usually 48 hours. Timatic indicates you are subject to 14 days quarantine if you dont fly with a PCR certificate but that defeats the purpose of opening up for tourism

Are the making visitors still download and register that App.
My understanding is that you needed a UAE phone number to register so that would seem to indicate you need to pick up a 30 day tourist SIM or perhaps the SIM is given free for the purpose of the health App.

I appreciate all of the information and promise to provide a full review of our experience if/when we go in the next week or so.
Yes, you need UAE number, this one I haven't do it yet, as the tourist sim will only give one time, if you have been there before, hope the number can be still workable. but there is no one check you phone have don't the app or not.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
What's interesting is that the app let's you choose a specific county code for your phone number, but then only allows 9 digits for the rest of the number. This doesn't work for US numbers that are 10 digits long, so no way to register.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by justforfun
What's interesting is that the app let's you choose a specific county code for your phone number, but then only allows 9 digits for the rest of the number. This doesn't work for US numbers that are 10 digits long, so no way to register.
I have mobile numbers in 3 different countries. All of them start with a zero and then 9 more digits. So I just use the country code and the number without the zero. Works every time. I thought this was a universal way of working with phone numbers, but the USA may well be different (as they are in many other things ). Does your US number start with 0?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
A friend living in US (stayed a week in UK travelled on from there ) arrived , took test at the airport for free , waited at home for result which arrived within 24 hours . Great service !
Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I have mobile numbers in 3 different countries. All of them start with a zero and then 9 more digits. So I just use the country code and the number without the zero. Works every time. I thought this was a universal way of working with phone numbers, but the USA may well be different (as they are in many other things ). Does your US number start with 0?
I dont think any US numbers start with zero. They start with a three digit area code (such as 212 for Manhatten) followed by a seven digit number. Cell phones are also ascribed three digit area codes and a seven figure number. I have never come across a US area code starting with a zero and I have called most US area codes!
Old Jul 11, 2020, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Gringuito
A friend living in US (stayed a week in UK travelled on from there ) arrived , took test at the airport for free , waited at home for result which arrived within 24 hours . Great service !
how can I know the result, only from the website or they will send message to my mobile number?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by sealsgod
how can I know the result, only from the website or they will send message to my mobile number?
to your mobile, in the app as well
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
sample US phone #: 1-212-555-1234
country code: 1
area code(your city): 212
your phone #: 555-1234

So 11 numbers all together, no zeros.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
to your mobile, in the app as well
thank you, I receive message this evening, now I am free to go

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.