Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PCR test at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:50 am
Original Poster

PCR test at DXB

Does anyone know how this will work in practice (eg how much time will it take to do the test and get the results, cost, etc..)?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:07 am

I saw some ad saying Dubai if you do PCR test costing around 370 AED and take upto 24 hours, but don't know what will be cost and how long it take in airport, do I need to get isolation 14 days myself even
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
I flew out of dxb today and asked - the test is free (as of today) for residents, but this may obviously change. 48-72h before a result is in
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks! So presumably a tourist could get swabbed at the airport, enter the city for 48-72 hours and then get told about the result?

i wonder what that means for tourists planning a short (eg 24-48 hour) stay only. Would they be required to do the test before entering Dubai or would the DXB service still be an option?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
When UAE nationals were returning, I heard they had to hole up in the airport hotel until their test results cleared?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vasicek
Thanks! So presumably a tourist could get swabbed at the airport, enter the city for 48-72 hours and then get told about the result?

i wonder what that means for tourists planning a short (eg 24-48 hour) stay only. Would they be required to do the test before entering Dubai or would the DXB service still be an option?
Originally Posted by Metanoia
When UAE nationals were returning, I heard they had to hole up in the airport hotel until their test results cleared?
can't comment on tourists. for residents you may await the result in your home - this changed recently (23 june) before that it was as you say
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have any further news on this by any chance? The information provided by Dubai airport and Emirates just say that tourists can bring a “valid” PCR test result upon entering, but don’t specify any further conditions. So can the test be conducted at any lab abroad or is there a list of recognised centres?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vasicek
Does anyone have any further news on this by any chance? The information provided by Dubai airport and Emirates just say that tourists can bring a “valid” PCR test result upon entering, but don’t specify any further conditions. So can the test be conducted at any lab abroad or is there a list of recognised centres?
https://screening.purehealth.ae/application has a list
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:25 pm

Will be interesting to see what it costs at airport, from a lab in London its 147 USD which is about £115, seems the list will only show locations for where they are allowing inbound flights. Tried USA and would not recognise location. Tried Pakistan and cost dropped to £42, The question is how much will they charge at the airport for on arrival. The only issue I see on arrival is you will quaruntine for two days until you are given the all clear.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just had to stop in and check on the grand re-opening.
Anyone complete the PCR test at the Airport? what was the cost?
Any issue boarding the departing flight and not having a PCR test certificate?

Just curious as we may be headed there in a week or so from the US and its getting difficult to get PCR tests turned around within 48-72 hours without going through a health concierge and the price seems to be c.a. $200+ per test.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:45 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
PCR at DXB arrival is free
m3red and IntrepidAfrican like this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rebadc
Just had to stop in and check on the grand re-opening.
Anyone complete the PCR test at the Airport? what was the cost?
Any issue boarding the departing flight and not having a PCR test certificate?

Just curious as we may be headed there in a week or so from the US and its getting difficult to get PCR tests turned around within 48-72 hours without going through a health concierge and the price seems to be c.a. $200+ per test.

Thanks in advance.
If you are travelling from the US you will almost certainly need a PCR certificate to be allowed to board. Best phone Emirates to check the latest info.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Longton
If you are travelling from the US you will almost certainly need a PCR certificate to be allowed to board. Best phone Emirates to check the latest info.
Only if flying out of DFW, IAH, LAX, SFO, FLL, MCO, or connecting from Florida, California, or Texas. So if you live in New York and take the JFK-DXB flight, for example, you don't need a PCR test in order to board.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Zol
PCR at DXB arrival is free
What's the story on the health insurance (on arrival) at DXB?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by justforfun
Only if flying out of DFW, IAH, LAX, SFO, FLL, MCO, or connecting from Florida, California, or Texas. So if you live in New York and take the JFK-DXB flight, for example, you don't need a PCR test in order to board.
Where do I find this information?
for example LAX to DXB connecting through Europe

Thanks

Last edited by rebadc; Jul 9, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.