Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Changes

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Business Class Changes During Corona

Hi All,
Do you think there will be any service changes in Business Class in the short term during the pandemic? Will the bar be open ? Meal service same as Economy ie Bento Box? There is Information online about economy changes but how about business?

Last edited by ekgoldmember; May 2, 2020 at 8:31 am
Old May 2, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ekgoldmember
Hi All,
Do you think there will be any service changes in Business Class in the short term during the pandemic? Will the bar be open ? Meal service same as Economy ie Bento Box? There is Information online about economy changes but how about business?
I flew on Thursday in business from DXB to LHR. There was no pre-takeoff drink offered, not even juice or water. Once we were at cruising altitude we were given a bag of popcorn and a choice of juices/ sodas/ water in their cardboard boxes or bottles (no glasses). A couple of hours into the flight we were served a lunch that consisted of juice (or soda) + water plus a cardboard box containing quite a nice chicken/ asparagus/ quinoa salad, a bread roll with cheese, a very small bean salad, a small cake from Lime Tree Cafe and another bread roll. No hot food, no hot drinks, no alcohol. Single use plastic cutlery. It was a 777 so no bar but I doubt that it would have been open on a A380.

Most passengers wore masks the whole flight, except when eating and drinking. Cabin crew wore masks, gloves, eye protection and disposable aprons for the whole flight. We passengers had to wear gloves at DXB but most people abandoned those on the flight. Arriving in LHR, very few of the ground staff were wearing masks. Airport was eerily empty, of course.
Old May 2, 2020, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bossarb
I flew on Thursday in business from DXB to LHR. There was no pre-takeoff drink offered, not even juice or water. Once we were at cruising altitude we were given a bag of popcorn and a choice of juices/ sodas/ water in their cardboard boxes or bottles (no glasses). A couple of hours into the flight we were served a lunch that consisted of juice (or soda) + water plus a cardboard box containing quite a nice chicken/ asparagus/ quinoa salad, a bread roll with cheese, a very small bean salad, a small cake from Lime Tree Cafe and another bread roll. No hot food, no hot drinks, no alcohol. Single use plastic cutlery. It was a 777 so no bar but I doubt that it would have been open on a A380.

Most passengers wore masks the whole flight, except when eating and drinking. Cabin crew wore masks, gloves, eye protection and disposable aprons for the whole flight. We passengers had to wear gloves at DXB but most people abandoned those on the flight. Arriving in LHR, very few of the ground staff were wearing masks. Airport was eerily empty, of course.
Thank you so much for your in-depth comments. This is a great help
redeternet7 likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
If the bars on the A380s are closed is this likely to be long term or just until regular passenger flying resumes - or could be a long term ‘distancing’ strategy? Surely airlines will at some point have to return to serving alcohol on their aircraft in Business and First at some point ?
Old May 3, 2020, 3:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Chris9642
If the bars on the A380s are closed is this likely to be long term or just until regular passenger flying resumes - or could be a long term ‘distancing’ strategy? Surely airlines will at some point have to return to serving alcohol on their aircraft in Business and First at some point ?
There are no A380s flying at the moment. When flights start to ramp up, it will probably be B777 only initially.
Old May 3, 2020, 5:51 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There are no A380s flying at the moment. When flights start to ramp up, it will probably be B777 only initially.
Rumour says A380 only in October.
Old May 3, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
And do you think a full offering will return relatively quickly once normal passenger service resumes ?
Old May 3, 2020, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Rumour says A380 only in October.
no I have a booking on 14th July ex Bangkok on A380 confirmed. Just FYI
Old May 3, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris9642
And do you think a full offering will return relatively quickly once normal passenger service resumes ?
I hope so. Maybe when full schedule starts in July?
Old May 3, 2020, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Red face

Originally Posted by ekgoldmember
no I have a booking on 14th July ex Bangkok on A380 confirmed. Just FYI
Schedule (and inventory) is not updated yet. There's no way you'll get an A380.
justforfun and thijsseh like this.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:50 am

I also have a A380 for my flights in July, only really care about my return flight in August.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Are these new B777's or old ones? Given the customer service is rubbish (compared to standard Emirates service) does my question even matter?!
Old May 4, 2020, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Schedule (and inventory) is not updated yet. There's no way you'll get an A380.
considering I have the booking and I have the seats blocked off I am going to be hopeful the website is not incorrect
Old May 4, 2020, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Are these new B777's or old ones? Given the customer service is rubbish (compared to standard Emirates service) does my question even matter?!
as the latest release video from emirates the plane seems like the old 777, even the very old 777, but not those with over 15 years.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Some old, some new, some in between.

Not sure what you mean by "the customer service is rubbish". Are you saying that the service on the B777 is not as good as the A380? From reading this forum, I'd say the most people think the opposite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.