Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skywards Tier Retention

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
i have it on good authority that the majority of the pax with a PLATINUM tag on their bag aren't even platinum anymore, it's just an old tag
Some people are very determined to do anything that in their mind elevates them from the swamp!

I requalified for platinum in January and my review date is 30 April, so I can legitimately plaster the luggage tags everywhere until exactly 12 months from now!!

I also qualified for tier mile rollover, and had 50,000 of my excess tier miles rolled over into the new earning cycle.

Great timing eh? With Australia not allowing any international travel for at least 12 months, I will be unable to earn any additional tier miles. I will re-focus by purchasing shirts with a large and prominent pocket. That should do the trick!!!

Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
BA have introduced a 12 month extension today, great gesture.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html
Even Aer Lingus have gotten around to a 12 month extension for most:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32498706-post29.html

Come on EK!
S c 0 TT y and extramileage like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
So, renewal date was 30th June for me. Currently, system is telling me in now need 35k miles before end of October (I had flights in July 2019). With very limited flying going on till the end of 2020...whatever is happening. I don't understand why EK doesn't make a move to re-assure their Gold levels or other levels per se. With the matching from Qatar, if EK doesn't come fast with a decent proposal, they won't give us any other choice.
Dambus likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Has any of you seen any information? Interesting, on emirates.com, the mention of limited amount of miles needed to renew seem to have disappeared too. I guess the process must be under review. My last flight was mid-march...first time for me in 30 years that I don't go on a plane in 4 months!
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
Has any of you seen any information? Interesting, on emirates.com, the mention of limited amount of miles needed to renew seem to have disappeared too. I guess the process must be under review. My last flight was mid-march...first time for me in 30 years that I don't go on a plane in 4 months!
I'm on the same boat. I've had zero flight activity since Mid March. Feels weird, but I'm in no hurry in going on any non-essential travel. Actually, these 4 months have been great, with some much needed family time. So thats the silver lining.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Not sure a status extension if of much use to me anymore.

Being Dublin based at the moment I can't figure out how to actually fly EK given the new testing requirements!

Possibly:
- Pretend to have symptoms in order to get a test scheduled through the health service
- Wait a random number of days for the results
- Assuming a negative result immediately book an EK flight carefully ensuring not to exceed the 96 hour window, particularly if connecting (what happens if connecting flight cancelled/delayed?)
- Repeat process at destination for the return journey!

Or could just fly BA... God help us.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus

Being Dublin based at the moment I can't figure out how to actually fly EK given the new testing requirements!

Possibly:
- Pretend to have symptoms in order to get a test scheduled through the health service
- Assuming a negative result immediately book an EK flight carefully ensuring not to exceed the 96 hour window, particularly if connecting (what happens if connecting flight cancelled/delayed?)

Same boat as you.... have gone over and over it, but there is currently no way to comply with the rules in DUB, so the EK flights must surely be empty
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus

Possibly:

Surely there's a private hospital or clinic offering test services? If there's not a test facility already on the list, that's what they tell you to use.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
T
The information is still there: 70% of miles to retain and an extension until the end of the year for some.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ywards-status/
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Don't sweat it. Platinum really doesn't mean that much!
this is not true. The two best benefits for me is (at the moment was) the breakfast or lunch in the F lounge. And the VIP parking lot in the Dubai mall. Especially when you go there on the weekend. no more 30 min - 1 hour parking lot search.
sealsgod likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by ft101
T
The information is still there: 70% of miles to retain and an extension until the end of the year for some.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ywards-status/
Was this recently lowered? Thought it was 80% before and remembering quite a cheap offering..
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Andreaswil
this is not true. The two best benefits for me is (at the moment was) the breakfast or lunch in the F lounge. And the VIP parking lot in the Dubai mall. Especially when you go there on the weekend. no more 30 min - 1 hour parking lot search.
drive to the mall 20 mins, founding parking 1 hours, shopping 45 mins, back home 20 mins. if not shopping also can earn miles, I will prefer emirates mall
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:03 am

Talking

Was this recently lowered? Thought it was 80% before and remembering quite a cheap offering..
any rumor will extend all member to next year
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by sealsgod
any rumor will extend all member to next year
I don't really see them having a choice not extending status - but admittedly I haven't heard of anything concrete yet.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: Some
It was 80% before, this has changed. They should just announce an extension and have done with it / stop wasting their team's time, most passengers aren't coming back before 2021.
thijsseh and iFlyMoreThanYou like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.