Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:50 am

Gulf air are showing bookable daily flight DXB/MNL starting 8 April. GF deps from T1.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
“Speaking to Al Arabiya, Adel Al Rida, executive director of operations at Emirates, said the airline planned to first operate flights to European centres, including London, Frankfurt, Paris, Zurich and Brussels. Other countries would follow, pending their approval”

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...il-6-1.1000678
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
“Speaking to Al Arabiya, Adel Al Rida, executive director of operations at Emirates, said the airline planned to first operate flights to European centres, including London, Frankfurt, Paris, Zurich and Brussels. Other countries would follow, pending their approval”

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle...il-6-1.1000678

... The aim therefore being to again connect the dots and revamping the EK network using DXB as transit. Its good start.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:29 pm

An Emirates 77W flew to Bangkok yesterday. Could have just been for freight of course, but maybe positioning?

Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:18 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
An Emirates 77W flew to Bangkok yesterday. Could have just been for freight of course, but maybe positioning?

My understanding is that those flight numbers starting with ‘9’ are cargo (sometimes operated by 77W metal). You see quite a few of them on flightradar 24.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:22 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors

That is correct. They are using B777 passenger planes with no passengers aboard to haul cargo, using the big belly holds they can fit up to 60 tonnes in one plane. Sometimes on FlightRadar24 I've seen them use passenger flight numbers to Brazil Australia and France, but I think theres a regulatory reason for that, and those planes are still all freight. I'm guessing these repatriation flights will still haul freight even with some light load of homebound expats.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:23 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by aeropix

I'm guessing these repatriation flights will still haul freight even with some light load of homebound expats.
At the moment they are even saying that there will be NO passengers on the inbound flights, these are still going to be cargo only.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by thijsseh
At the moment they are even saying that there will be NO passengers on the inbound flights, these are still going to be cargo only.
to be clear, by homebound I mean Expats here in dubai going to Their home in their home country, and not the other way around. I thought I was clear that no inbound passengers to dubai will be allowed at this time.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Yes but for which tickets? New ones issued as of yesterday, the new "confidence" policy?
new tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.