Jet Blue Redemptions

Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Jet Blue Redemptions

I have 2 x 30k orphaned EK miles, that I need to use by the year end. I thought Jet Blue would be a good use for them, however I can’t seem to find any availability when looking at tentative dates Emirates.com. Is there an easier way to search for and book availability rather than looking at individual dates. Also, I’m not 100% sure of the pricing chart and if one says are allowed or not. Any insight or direction would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:41 am
Original Poster

...called Emirates, they weren’t much help, effectively said I need to figure out the availability myself online and then come back to them to book. They didn’t understand the reward pricing either however I have that I believe.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by pazza2000
...called Emirates, they weren’t much help, effectively said I need to figure out the availability myself online and then come back to them to book. They didn’t understand the reward pricing either however I have that I believe.
That's very strange. I always call them and ask them to check a few dates on a specific route and they've never had an issue telling me which flights specifically have award seats and the rates. Sound like a hang up and call again till you get a competent agent situation
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kq747
That's very strange. I always call them and ask them to check a few dates on a specific route and they've never had an issue telling me which flights specifically have award seats and the rates. Sound like a hang up and call again till you get a competent agent situation
Thanks, maybe I just got unlucky! Will call back....
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Skywards,
Originally Posted by kq747
I too have tried numerous times - always same standard response for Alaska or Jet bookings.... "sorry sir, nothing is avaialble" even if i call them 6 month in advance for mid-week flight... feels like a scam to me
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by lazyboy
I too have tried numerous times - always same standard response for Alaska or Jet bookings.... "sorry sir, nothing is avaialble" even if i call them 6 month in advance for mid-week flight... feels like a scam to me
Dont know what to say...never tried to book AS but anytime I've called EK for B6 tickets they've had no issue booking at least one of the flight on a day requested (mix of high and low season)... unless you count the close in fee an issue?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lazyboy
This has been my experience over the phone also, is there a way of finding the Jet Blue ‘award’ availability online before calling EK?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:37 am
Original Poster

....so I’ve found what I believe is eligible Jet Blue avail. online (U class), however Emirates over the phone are saying they can not see the same availability. Also to check availability at their end, they need to select each date individually, or so it appears. Very frustrating
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
You can burn your miles via Rocketmiles for hotel stays.

Not great redemption rates ($170 night for 22K miles was the one we most recently booked) but it's better than letting them expire.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Any other tips on how to easily find JetBlue availability that I can take to Emirates CS over the phone to book? It’s a slow process to have them manually check.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.