EK32 diversion

Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
EK32 diversion

Currently sat on the tarmac in Larnaca due to a insulin related emergency... the aircrafts wings now have ice on them and there is no equipment here to remove it. 🙄🙄

Could be here a while and my connection will be long gone... I don’t suppose this comes under EC261...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Will08
Currently sat on the tarmac in Larnaca due to a insulin related emergency... the aircrafts wings now have ice on them and there is no equipment here to remove it. ����

Could be here a while and my connection will be long gone... I don’t suppose this comes under EC261...
A little Cypriot sunshine should hopefully take care of it in the morning!

I wonder: did they offload the pax or they continued onwards once the insulin was administered? (assuming it was insufficient insulin)
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Currently sat on the tarmac in Larnaca due to a insulin related emergency... the aircrafts wings now have ice on them and there is no equipment here to remove it. 🙄🙄

Something happened yesterday at man because ek22 was 2 hours late due to the inbound being diverted to Athens for a medical emergency
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:51 am
Original Poster

The passenger was eventually taken off which meant we had to wait for their baggage to be removed, paperwork to be completed and for the ice to melt, as we came in to land the pilot said it would be a half hour turnaround, ended up being four hours.

We didn’t make up any time on the way to Dubai and to add insult we then had further delays on the ground waiting for a stand. Once again the pilot stated he thought we had one ready for us.

Was a bit of a shambles after we got off the plane, was sent to three different queues to get a Dubai connect voucher - from landing to arriving at the hotel took two hours. I say hotel but calling the Copthorne a hotel is a bit of a stretch. My first and hopefully last experience having to stay at that place.

Back at the airport and in the F lounge - the kitchen is not open until 19.15?? Never heard that one before, buffet food it is. Been assigned seats at the back of the plane and cannot be moved anywhere - flight is overbooked by 20 people. There are five seats free in F, J is full.

Overall assuming there are no other delays we will arrive around 13 hours late, tired, grumpy and really wishing I’m not back on another flight in less than a weeks time to do the journey in reverse.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Welcome to the world of the business traveller

You have my sympathies.
Will08 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:41 am

Turnaround in Larnaca was 2h15mins. I was on the same flight ✈️
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I guess EK has already rewarded you for your loyalty by giving you a seat on an overbooked flight, don't expect them to give you an F seat

Jokes aside, I hope your next flight goes better...
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by euroxx
Turnaround in Larnaca was 2h15mins. I was on the same flight ✈️
Without counting the minutes and seconds on the ground, my connection was 3 hours 30 mins and I did not make it due to the delay.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duck1981
I guess EK has already rewarded you for your loyalty by giving you a seat on an overbooked flight, don't expect them to give you an F seat

Jokes aside, I hope your next flight goes better...
Yes 2 x Op-ups on flex tickets.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:15 pm

Without counting the minutes and seconds on the ground, my connection was 3 hours 30 mins and I did not make it due to the delay.
Next flight at 09:20 by my calculations and the diverted flight landed at 09:12 according to flightradar. No chance of making it for sure.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Exclamation

The passenger was eventually taken off which meant we had to wait for their baggage to be removed, paperwork to be completed and for the ice to melt, as we came in to land the pilot said it would be a half hour turnaround, ended up being four hours.

We didn’t make up any time on the way to Dubai and to add insult we then had further delays on the ground waiting for a stand. Once again the pilot stated he thought we had one ready for us.

Was a bit of a shambles after we got off the plane, was sent to three different queues to get a Dubai connect voucher - from landing to arriving at the hotel took two hours. I say hotel but calling the Copthorne a hotel is a bit of a stretch. My first and hopefully last experience having to stay at that place.

Back at the airport and in the F lounge - the kitchen is not open until 19.15?? Never heard that one before, buffet food it is. Been assigned seats at the back of the plane and cannot be moved anywhere - flight is overbooked by 20 people. There are five seats free in F, J is full.

Overall assuming there are no other delays we will arrive around 13 hours late, tired, grumpy and really wishing I’m not back on another flight in less than a weeks time to do the journey in reverse.
The kitchen is closed daily between 6 and 7 in the F lounge while they do a deep clean. This has caught out me before, too.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Next flight at 09:20 by my calculations and the diverted flight landed at 09:12 according to flightradar. No chance of making it for sure.
Yes 372 but we had to wait once we landed for a gate so there was no chance they were going to hold the flight. There looked to be about 10 people who were on the same connection.

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
The kitchen is closed daily between 6 and 7 in the F lounge while they do a deep clean. This has caught out me before, too.
Yes I couldn’t believe they were closed for ‘tea time’! But since there was only one other person in the lounge, it’s obviously the best time to do it. I normally pass through at a busier time so never experienced it before, I always assumed you could order at any time.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Yes I couldn’t believe they were closed for ‘tea time’!
[Said with a faux french accent] We blow our noses at your silly English "Tee Tyme"

Will08 and DYKWIA like this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:46 am

Intresting, I did see the EK22 diversion to Athens, I did wonder why they did not divert to IST which was closer, here it seems they were flying close to Syria it would have made more sence flying back to Istanbul then Cyrpus but I guess they probably pick a quieter airport capable and wont delay the flight further.

Hope your return flights are less dramatic! I always say if I have to have a delay be on the way back, it's only work I'm going back to. My favorite call earlier in the year was calling my boss from DXB to say my inbound flight was late and I will see him later in the week
Will08 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.