FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK32 diversion
Thread: EK32 diversion
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:51 am
Will08

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
The passenger was eventually taken off which meant we had to wait for their baggage to be removed, paperwork to be completed and for the ice to melt, as we came in to land the pilot said it would be a half hour turnaround, ended up being four hours.

We didn’t make up any time on the way to Dubai and to add insult we then had further delays on the ground waiting for a stand. Once again the pilot stated he thought we had one ready for us.

Was a bit of a shambles after we got off the plane, was sent to three different queues to get a Dubai connect voucher - from landing to arriving at the hotel took two hours. I say hotel but calling the Copthorne a hotel is a bit of a stretch. My first and hopefully last experience having to stay at that place.

Back at the airport and in the F lounge - the kitchen is not open until 19.15?? Never heard that one before, buffet food it is. Been assigned seats at the back of the plane and cannot be moved anywhere - flight is overbooked by 20 people. There are five seats free in F, J is full.

Overall assuming there are no other delays we will arrive around 13 hours late, tired, grumpy and really wishing I’m not back on another flight in less than a weeks time to do the journey in reverse.