Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates a380 seats 79B 79C

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Emirates a380 seats 79B 79C

Hi
we’ve booked these seats on a flight from DUBAI to Brisbane and some seat maps suggest limited recline whilst others say they do recline and you have no one kicking you from behind!
Can anyone advise ? So do row 79 recline?

many thanks
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:10 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk! I've moved this to our dedicated Emirates forum.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
Martinsw2 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
According to seatguru.com, which is normally quite reliable though nobody's perfect, Emirates has three A380 layouts. Row 79 reclines in Layout 1 but has limited recline in Layouts 2 and 3. If you go to that site and put in your flight number and date of travel it will probably tell you which layout they expect to fly, though anything can change between now and then.
Martinsw2 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:00 am

Seatguru just doesn't know and one layout even says they "may" have limited recline just because there's a bulkhead behind them - a regular fudge from Seatguru. I think all of these three layouts (and the other layouts that Seatguru doesn't mention) have the same Economy seats but I've no personal experience of these specific ones. Hopefuly someone here has.

Whoever is in C will have someone's bum in their face a lot as people queue for the toilet.
Martinsw2 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

That’s what I’m hoping for, if anyone has sat in 79C please get in touch!

the loos aren’t near there, it’s the galley 👍🏻
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Martinsw2
Hi
we’ve booked these seats on a flight from DUBAI to Brisbane and some seat maps suggest limited recline whilst others say they do recline and you have no one kicking you from behind!
Can anyone advise ? So do row 79 recline?

many thanks
Our resident Y flyer skywardhunter can help, I’ve never flown Economy on an A380
Ryanardo_daVinci likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Our resident Y flyer skywardhunter can help, I’ve never flown Economy on an A380
Unfortunately 90% of my flights are 77Ws so I'm actually not sure...I never choose the last row before the bulkhead
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:04 am

Unfortunately I cannot comment on row 79 specifically, but have flown similar seats to the front 65A, 50A/K a couple times this year.
I have never felt that they recline less than other seats, there is always another 5-8cm gap back to the bulk head.

Personally I prefer these rows and will always try and grab them
Martinsw2 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! That’s reassuring 👍🏻
DXB - BNE is 14 hrs, so definitely need to recline 💺😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.