Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

48 hour check in from EK departure or connecting flight departure?

Old Nov 8, 19, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

This Monday I'm flying YYC-JFK-DXB leaving YYC at 9:50 a.m, was wondering if I will be able to checkin to both flights at the same time. Both sectors are on the same ticket. Slightly confusing because EK check in is 48 hours prior and WS is 24 hours. Trying to score the best seat I can on the JFK-DXB route. Any help appreciated!
Old Nov 9, 19, 1:01 am

I asked a similar question of this forum recently and the answer was that when you check in for the first leg ( 48 hrs prior) then you can check in for all other legs on the same ticket
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Katykat View Post
I asked a similar question of this forum recently and the answer was that when you check in for the first leg ( 48 hrs prior) then you can check in for all other legs on the same ticket
Your itinerary was entirely with EK whereas the OP here has a non EK first leg.

Extra charges since last flight
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
As they are different airlines it's probably different online check-ins. You can check in from JFK onwards with EK 48hrs prior to your JFK departure. Or should be able to. Else you can of course pay for a seat if your ticket doesn't allow free seat selection
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Your itinerary was entirely with EK whereas the OP here has a non EK first leg.

Extra charges since last flight
That is exactly the reason I did not respond to the OP in this case!
I simply don’t know as I am not familiar with the WS systems. My hunch would be that you cannot get into the WS OLCI system before their T-24. Maybe you can retrieve the booking on the EK system at their T-48?
There are people on this forum who know the ins and outs of multiple airline tickets way better than I (calling skywardhunterj
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
That is exactly the reason I did not respond to the OP in this case!
I simply donít know as I am not familiar with the WS systems. My hunch would be that you cannot get into the WS OLCI system before their T-24. Maybe you can retrieve the booking on the EK system at their T-48?
There are people on this forum who know the ins and outs of multiple airline tickets way better than I (calling skywardhunterj
It depends entirely on the involved airlines. The issue is that WS will likely be unable to let OP check-in or choose seats on EK, entirely. However OP should be able to obtain their EK booking reference from WS and there's a fair chance they can OLCI on EK, at least choosing seats even if they can't obtain a mobile BP due to the first leg on another airline or document check.

With the EK booking ref I'd check at EK departure minus 48hrs, which will probably be before the WS departure from YYC.

For EK itineraries the rule is that you can check in to all flights in a segment at T-48 of the first flight (a segment being consecutive flights without stopovers, a stopover being a stop at a connecting airport greater than 24 hours).
thijsseh likes this.

Search this Thread