Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing Skywards+

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
My Dad got the Skywards+ offer. He's Blue, but almost Silver. He prefers flying EK but is by no means exclusive to them. They probably target people who need a boost to achieve Silver or Gold. I would have hoped they would throw in a few sweeteners, like 2-3 annual visits to the EK J lounge at DXB, or something like that.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I received the offer, I'm Gold and have been for several years. About 800 miles until renewal and have until Dec 31 to get it done, I'm a very long way to Platinum.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:22 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Is there an expiry date on this offer?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: EK G̶o̶l̶d̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ 'boarding zone F', IHG
To those who have received the offer - is it restricted to your individual Skywards number / login? Or can you forward the email/link to a friend (or 100)?
Not asking for myself, but just wondering how 'targeted' it is intended to be.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ashivraj
To those who have received the offer - is it restricted to your individual Skywards number / login? Or can you forward the email/link to a friend (or 100)?
Not asking for myself, but just wondering how 'targeted' it is intended to be.
It is targeted because you will first need to login to your skywards account before you can view the offer and then get to pay for it. Here are some terms that might be relevant to your question.

• Skywards+ subscribers are entitled to additional benefits as stated on emirates.com. Benefits may vary from member to member.

• The member must be logged into their Emirates Skywards account to avail of and view Skywards+ benefits.

• The Skywards+ subscription and associated benefits are limited to the purchasing member and cannot be gifted or sold.

• The member's Skywards+ subscription is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Finally decided to bite the bullet today. Funny thing is that EK actually got paid for getting me away from purchasing saver fares . Definitely a win for them. Slim chance of me regaining Plat status but at least this gets me closer.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: EK Gold, WY Silver, IHG Gold
Skywards+ Is it worth it?

Hi y’all! I received an email from skywards about subscribing for less on “skywards+”. It says on the mail that until November 30, I’d have to only pay USD 300 for 12 months membership. I’ve read their website but the most discount that I’ll get from there is 20% discount on redemptions and 20% increase on tier miles earning. Is it really worth the USD 300? Nowadays, I fly shorthauls only from DXB to DMM once every two months...
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Gerard86
Hi y’all! I received an email from skywards about subscribing for less on “skywards+”. It says on the mail that until November 30, I’d have to only pay USD 300 for 12 months membership. I’ve read their website but the most discount that I’ll get from there is 20% discount on redemptions and 20% increase on tier miles earning. Is it really worth the USD 300? Nowadays, I fly shorthauls only from DXB to DMM once every two months...
Do the maths on the flights you personally take and work it out? Do you book redemptions? Do you have an aim for a particular status where the 20 percent would help? Not sure how anyone else is supposed to know those answers for you?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by directorguy_
My Dad got the Skywards+ offer. He's Blue, but almost Silver. He prefers flying EK but is by no means exclusive to them. They probably target people who need a boost to achieve Silver or Gold. I would have hoped they would throw in a few sweeteners, like 2-3 annual visits to the EK J lounge at DXB, or something like that.
Yeah, I fit that profile, Silver (by virtue of a credit card, though would have made it anyway) with around 25K tier miles. I am projecting to be close to Gold by April or June, so might take them up on this.

Just got the offer today, and it says that it was targeted to me and the "introductory offer" of $300 expires in 14 days.

One note is that the 20% mileage bonus only applies to base economy-class earnings, not to the tier miles earned in J/F.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Just received the offer but seems it has gone up. Offer is 499USD. I def would of do te at the 300 other had but having to think about it now.

Gold with 3 months left to renewal and still need 15k so the 20% could help And more so for next year.

didn’t see any different benefits from what is mentioned already.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I got this offer today but the cost is USD499.

It seems to have the same terms and conditions of the USD300 offer people received earlier.

I won't be subscribing!

FWIW, I'm based in South Africa and I have gold status.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Longton
I got this offer today but the cost is USD499.

It seems to have the same terms and conditions of the USD300 offer people received earlier.

I won't be subscribing!

FWIW, I'm based in South Africa and I have gold status.
I received the same offer USD499, I'm gold in Australia.

Perhaps the terms have changed?

They now include:
• The member will qualify for the 20% bonus Skywards Miles in First Class, Business Class and Economy Class on all eligible flights marketed and operated by Emirates.
Full terms, for Australia at least: https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...rds-plus/terms
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:12 pm

Also received the offer today. USD 499 converts to GBP 380 when clicking on the link.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:52 pm

Also received an offer for $499 on 8th Jan. My background with them is having a gold status in 2019 and no flights with EK in the last 11 months - primarily because EK flights from my region cost almost 50% more compared to the competition. Was supposed to be downgraded to blue but instead was downgraded only to silver for 2020.

Not going to be subscribing to this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: EK Gold
Also got the same offer, Silver but potentially could be Gold which is why I assume I got this.

If it was 300USD I might have done it but not for 500USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.